Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

GT Dirt Coalition

Just a heads up to those that are already on a GT. GT is creating a new Team,
    GT Dirt Coalition. They are not looking for top pros just people that love spreading the love. I will be one of the riders in 09 and have agreed to help spread the word as the search closes Feb. 5th. if your interested be sure get the low down at gtbicycles. If that dosen't peak your interest how about a free Zaskar or Marathon, Kits, EZ UP tent and Pro-deals on everything GT.

Update: The Team will be finalized on March 5th, All Applicants will be notified of their status regarding the Dirt Coalition.

leeunwin.com
    Last edited by leeunwin24hours; 01-29-2009 at 02:53 PM.

May the Force be with you
    I've been checking it out. I've been riding GT for years and I think this would be alot of fun.
    I'm submitting my entry this week.

mtbr member
    Great to see GT backing a grass roots racing program again....KUDOS
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just finished my entry a day ago. I had to do it three times since it kicked me out twice before I could finish it. So far, I think I'm the only one in Oklahoma City that has been rding and racing GTs since 97. I hope I get in.

Nice day for a ride.....
    I filled out the application, its doubtful that I'll be accepted since I have not raced in 3 years

But, on the plus side, I've had GTs since the 90's...... so maybe
    2011 Cannondale SL4 29er
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm hoping that it's more on the love for GT bikes than it is the racing. I'm an ok racer and I'm sure I can train and do better, but I know I can spread the word for GT better than anyone in Okc. Ok, except maybe a dealer. ) I can train and be fast, heck I used to be pretty good at the racing thing. I know I can do it, especially if I do it on a sweet GT Marathon Pro. LOL.

mtbr member

Love of Bikes and Life

I'm glad to see people going for it, I don't make the call and I'm glad I don't or the program would be broke. I can tell you for certain that GT is looking for the kind of people that you want to ride with and have a beer with not the guy that wins, but everyone hates. Posts and Pics from inside the GT Factory, Demo Tour, Races and Events comming soon.

Lee Unwin
    GT National Team Rider
    gtbicycles.com
    leeunwin.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wow! What factory tour did you go on? Where? I went to the Trek tour last time I was in Madison, Wi. and I totally wished GT had one in Wisconsin so I could go and check out the GT factory. All I saw was a corporate building. I noticed on your blog site you (leeunwin24hours) are from Wisconsin. I'm from Oklahoma but I'm in training for GE Healthcare in Waukesha. I leave tomorrow but I'm gonna be back in May and I'm bringing my GT Force with me. Hopefully I'll also be bringing a GT Marathon Pro if all goes well and I get into the Coalition. I really want it to happen. Well, time to meet some colleagues for dinner. See you all later.

GT J

mtbr member

Inside GT

No factory tour, but I am going to bring that idea up now so thanks. GT is about 8 blocks from my house and part of my contract with them is to help spread the inside skinny on what's new and happening there, so when I get the OK on certain projects I will be taking pictures and getting them out there to groups like this before they hit the masses. I was in a meeting there on Tuesday and it's like being a kid in the WONKA factory, every room has something new happening in it. I have been riding for various companies for a long time, but that feeling never gets old.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How about a program for old guys like me that don't race, but have 7 GTs hanging in the garage?

I think I've helped sell a few bikes over the years.

mtbr member

Old Guy Team

Ha, define old guy, I get my ass handed to me 2 or 3 times a year by Tinker and he has 10 years on me, so if you are anywhere near 45 this is a team for you. This feedback is great we are working on something for GT loyal riders it may be awhile but these things are on the table, GT has some really new folks trying to keep its base not just advertise to new folks.

XCRACER
    Nov 2004

Gt Team

I applied. Can only hope Iím one of the chosen ones. And Iím 43. Been riding GT since back in the day racing B.M.X. For me it would be an honor to race for GT.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leeunwin24hours
    Ha, define old guy, I get my ass handed to me 2 or 3 times a year by Tinker and he has 10 years on me, so if you are anywhere near 45 this is a team for you. This feedback is great we are working on something for GT loyal riders it may be awhile but these things are on the table, GT has some really new folks trying to keep its base not just advertise to new folks.
    I've got a few years on Tinker.
    I just realized I bought my first GT 19 years ago - now that's a scary thought.

mtbr member
    Last post to bring it back to the top of the rack, please get to the GT website and fill out an application. We want people who already love the product. It takes some time, but for a chance at $5000 worth of GT Product it's worth the time, costs nothing, and your odds are a lot better than the Lottery. After Thursday I will be working on a running thread that I will update on all the inside GT happenings.

XCRACER
    Nov 2004

Hey Lee

Great cross photo. Here is one of me racing the old ZRX. Man I hope I'm in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (63.9 KB, 800 views)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Dirty Coalition

GT Grassroots racing, the Golden bike Challenge, sweet lineup of Carbon hot rods...Its great to see GT back at it full force again. I dont know that any other manufacturer is stepping up to the plate like GT is this year. The only question is... who do we send the bribes to in order to get a spot on that team???

Air Pirate
    Think they would take someone working his way down from clydesdale to svelt cyclist? You know, sort of a science experiment that would appeal to the everyman: sponsor some schmuck who is just barely ride-fit, give him what he needs to race, and watch the pounds fly off and the brand exposure sail. Something akin to that Jarred with Subway.....but with wheels.

mtbr member

GT Thanks You

From everyone at GT thanks for taking the time to look at us and a special thanks to everyone that applied. I am going to leave this thread for selected team riders so that they can discuss everything from Racing to Beer. I will be posting here shortly on more exciting things at GT, think GOLD.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for all the info Leeunwin. I wish all you guys that applied the best of luck. I hope I'm in. Go get'em GT fans!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006

GT and NEMBA

Thanks to GT for teaming up with NEMBA in naming four New England members to the Dirt Coalition. Good luck fellow racers.

mtbr member
    Dirt Coalition has more places to talk GT, Blogspot, Facebook, Twitter. Sorry no Myspace I had to draw the line someplace. All can be reached through the Site.
    GTDirtCoalition.Blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    So does anyone know how and when they will contact the chosen riders? Is it like a trickle thing in which some are announced at a time instead of everyone at once? Is there like a deadline for the announcements? I'm Just being nosy and impatient.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Apparently everyone will be notified by March 5th by e-mail. The application asked for a contact phone number too so i guess those who don't have e-mail will be contacted that way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So has anyone else been offered a place on the team yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Do they give tours of the corporate office? I'd like to visit this late April early May when I'm in Milwaukee for training. That would be so cool. Maybe I should just drop by one of the days I'm there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast