mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Gt carbon pro full suspension knocking coming from the rear shock brackets

A lot of knocking and play coming rear shock any suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Probably ID pivots

First make sure your shock mount bolts are tight front and rear, then grab the shock firmly (with the bike unweighted) and try moving it. If there's no movement/play in the shock bushings, which is highly unlikely (assuming it's the stock/original shock), then it's probably the pivots below the shock; however, don't rule out the dropouts as well.

Search other threads in this forum for pivot noise and repairs, it's pretty well-documented and easy to fix yourself with the right tools (you'll need a bottom bracket tool).

If you're convinced it's the shock, try removing it and turning it around just to see if the noise goes away or at least changes. But in my experience the shocks don't generally come loose or get noisy unless they've got the wrong reducers in them, or the bushings are shot. Pivots will get loose & creaky long before shock bushings wear out.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thank u.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Check drop outs, mine made a clunk when I sat on the seat, I cleaned and lubed the drop outs and noise is gone and no creaking whatsoever ( i ride 4-6 times a week so it gets lost of use)