mtbr member
    Aug 2008

GT Avalanche 3.0?

Is this bike a good bike for the money? Has anybody had any problems with it? What is the warranty on the frame? Can't find it on the web site.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    With GT you'll always get a good deal for the money. You are looking at the bottom of the list when it comes to components but the frame is pretty much the same up to the Avalanche 1.0. If that's all you can afford to get then go ahead. You can always upgrade components later.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I've got a little over 1800 miles on mine. Have upgraded the crank; and rear hub to cassette (mine came with a freewheel and I kept bending axles; since the change to a cassette hub I haven't bent any more axles). I ride it on the road and trail. Still have the original derailleurs and brakes on the bike with zero problems. I think it's a great bike (frame) for the money. I called customer service soon after purchase and was also told the frame is the same as the 1.0.

dot
    mtbr member
    the rear hub worth upgrading to something more water-prone. A colleague has an Avalanche 3.0 for commuting, the rear freehub gone to the dogs in a couple of months.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    iv had mone for alittle over a month and so far iv had to upgrade my entire crankset (stock one flexed to much) new pedals (stockers lasted a month then the bearings went) new chain and cassette (decided to upgrade them while getting the new crank installed)

other then that its solid.. i ride everyday and sometimes in trails, im also no lightweight weighing 280