mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Is this GT Avalanche 1.0 legit?

http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace...9735-13725.jpg

Hi guys,

I need some help here. I'm interested in buying this second-hand GT Ava 1.0 Disc but I'm not sure if it legit. It's going for half the original price and I don't see a similar design/paint scheme on the internet to verify its legitimacy.

Can you guys help me identify the model and its legitimacy? thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Destiny View Post
    http://www.togoparts.com/marketplace...9735-13725.jpg

Hi guys,

I need some help here. I'm interested in buying this second-hand GT Ava 1.0 Disc but I'm not sure if it legit. It's going for half the original price and I don't see a similar design/paint scheme on the internet to verify its legitimacy.

Can you guys help me identify the model and its legitimacy? thanks in advance
    have you tried googling it up?
    it should be listed in bike wikipedia as well as other places...use your google
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It looks legit, what else could it be?

With that paint scheme, I would guess 10 years old, so half of original price doesn't sound like they're asking too little... Maybe even generous when you look at what 1-2yr old closeouts sell for. That one looks really clean in the photo, even the inside of the chain rings. Chain wasn't maintained though, looks like it wasn't ridden much lately.

A couple days ago I just sold a 2003 Iron Horse with a similar paint scheme for about half what I paid.

-Daver

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DaverSomething View Post
    It looks legit, what else could it be?
    Well, what I meant by that is it looks like a GT frame of course, with the triple triangle. Also, for disc brakes it'll need disc mounts. So that starts narrowing it down. It could be a Zaskar in disguise, but I don't think that's what's worrying you.

Anyway, looks like a 2004. Google image search really makes it easy.

Mountainbike.nl • Toon onderwerp - 2004 GT Avalanche 1.0 evt met upgrades 550euro

From GT Avalanche to Merlin Malt Mountain Bike Rebuild UK N16krh's Blog

2004 Gt avalanche 1.0 XC - Photo 3886

Cycling

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Legit 2005
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.