mtbr member
    Jun 2007

GT 08 Carbon Marathon cable routing

Folks,

I am likely to be looking at an 09 carbon marathon to repace my S Works Epic but I have recently read two reviews that mention the cable routing problem causing quite a bit of wear on the seat tube. Any comment on this would be appreciated. FYI I have also written to GT to ask them if they were aware of it and if any changes were in plan to rectify it but have not heard back.

regards,

Two Fat

mtbr member
    i heard that they have changed the cable routing. but i wouldnt not buy the bike because of cable rub, i know my trek Ex9 has several points on the seat tube that would rub, ive just cut a stick on chainstay protector up to cover the patch. or you could alternatively use a actual cloth chainstay protector such as a lizard skin

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Thanks

Liam,

Thanks for the tips and I agree that it is unlikely to be a deal breaker. All I have to do now is wait for the local distributor here in Australia to get pricing and stock which they don't expect to be until about October.

mtbr member
    no problems

i was actually looking to buy the marathon pro when i bought my trek but monza were out of larges! needless to say i wasnt happy but the treks pretty good tho

next bike will be a marathon