mtbr member

New question here. greasing the pivots on the 2011 Force 1.0.

I'm gonna tackle this job soon.
    I have done this on the 2008 but the 2011 is a bit different. Even ehanson007's writeup on the force/sanction thread (page 6) does not really specify which parts to grease and which not to. I whould appreciate a bit more instructions on how much grease to put where.
    On the 2011: Can anyone tell me what parts should have grease on them? I know the bearings need to be cleaned and greased but what else?
    Which parts should be heavily greased and which parts lightly greased, specifically?
    thanks so much for the tips.

Chamois Dropper
    I greased everything where there is metal to metal contact. As far as how much, I would say as much as you can, only so much will stay in there when you assemble the part, the rest will just squeeze out and be wasted. I just rubbed a good amount on each part when I assembled the pivots, etc. Cleaning all the parts is very important, and I recommend a good quality grease like Phil Wood.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    I greased everything where there is metal to metal contact. As far as how much, I would say as much as you can, only so much will stay in there when you assemble the part, the rest will just squeeze out and be wasted. I just rubbed a good amount on each part when I assembled the pivots, etc. Cleaning all the parts is very important, and I recommend a good quality grease like Phil Wood.
    Thanks. That's what I did. I always use Phil Wood too.