mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Is this a good deal for a GT Marathon 9R

I have been looking at getting GT Marathon 9R. I do not live near any shops (the one shop is 3 1/2 hours away from me). I found this bike in a store in NC for 1399.99. I have spoken to them on the phone/email and they seem to be great peolpe. I was just wondering if anyone knew a shop that had one of these for a better price.
    Thanks
    Here is the link of the store and you can see the info.
    http://bicycletoyandhobby.com/SaleBikes.aspx

mtbr member
    May 2007

08 GT Marathon 29er

Thats a great deal. Performance bike here in Houston has it for 1650 plus 10% off. Thats the cheapest I have seen it. I tried to get my buddy to get this gt and save some money but he can't stop thinking about the 09 Gary Fisher HIFI for 2400$(not a bad deal either). I think this gt bike is great except the brakes. I would by the gt, sell the brakes new on ebay for $150 or more and buy some Avid BB7s 185mm from JensonUSa for 100$ and keep the profit. Major upgrade and some profit. I went by the store last week and checked it out. Very nice for the money. It has all you will need minus the brakes. Everything else on this thing is superb. Very underrated 29er. I would of gotten this bike but I just purchased an 08 KHS Flagstaff 29er demo bike for $1500 straight from Canada and love it. If it wasn't for this deal I would be riding the GT.

mtbr member
    May 2007

pics

Here is all the pics I could find of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket