mtbr member
    May 2008

Force 3.0 Upgrades???

What upgrades have you made that really made a difference without breaking the bank?

I really like the new Shimano SLX line, thinking about upgrading starting with the cranks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    floxy, the 3.0 has deore cranks decent... yes slx is great but your should run your drive train till it dies. I would say the really big diff in the 3.0 vs the 2.0 or the 1.0 is the suspension. Fox forks are just dope I would say that in really making a diff in the way your bike rides would be to dump the crappy marzocchi fork for a Fox. I would suggest saving up and replacing the fork. Someday you are going to HAVE to replace the drivetrain so wait until you HAVE to do to it.

Dooosh!
    I have put a fox 140 fork, xt derailuers, juicy brakes and some high rise monkey bars on mine! Its like a new beast. like it a lot better than the oem stuff.

mtbr member
    I second (third) the suggestion on suspension. Definitely get a new fork. Anything from a big name fork company will be better, Fox, Rock Shox, Manitou. Fox is the best, but it's pricey. Manitou is a little cheaper, and not quite as good, but I like those forks better than Rock Shox, but any of them will be better than what you have.

mtbr member
    Define breaking the bank

I've replaced many things on my 3.0, but the most noticeable changes have been the fork and brakes.