mtbr member
    Jun 2008

FORCE 3.0 Marz Fork Air Leak/Pressure Help

Hi... newbie here!

Perhaps someone can enlighten me...

How much air Pressure should be in my Marz XC600 ATA2 fork (190 LB Rider)

and... My forks leak out ALL of the air in them if I do not tighten the end cap after putting air in the forks and I compress the forks...is this normal???
    Thanks
    -Patrick
    Last edited by creekhed; 06-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    btw- I am a PROUD new owner of a '08 Force 3.0

...LOVIN IT!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I don't think that's normal Patrick. You should take the bike to your dealer and have that fork checked out. The valve may be getting stuck cuz of debris or just not seating properly. I don't know about the air pressure you should be running on that Marz... Your manual should give you an idea. Check the Marzocchi website if you don't have the manual. Congrats on the new Force 3.0

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Got it figures out!

...I'm running 130psi and it feels great. The Air Loss issue was stupidity on my part...

Anyone thinking about a Force should pull the trigger...great bang for the buck.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    dude I just purchased a black and red one from performance bike! I love it! The bike is truely a great bike period! I love every aspect of the bike! GREAT BREAKS< RAPID FIRE SHIFTERS!!!! THE BIKE WILL BRING THE KID OUT OF YOU.

Alien Surf Team
    What colors does the Force 3 come in? I can only find reference to the gray one.

I really wanted to start planning and saving for an Ibis Mojo or build up an Ibex but with 2 kids in private school and a million other bills that's just not going to happen. This bike is a more reasonable goal for me and still looks like a great bike.

Comes with Kenda Nevegal tires. I was thinking of trying those. How are they?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I absolutly LOVE my Force 3.0

The 2.0 and 1.0 are obviousy better...but for the money the 3.0 ROCKS!!!!

btw-The Tires are very sticky!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Can you post pictures of your bikes?
    I would like to see more of them

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Mine is the Silver one at the top of the thread

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Wink

Hey Pat,

Hows the bike treating you? So what was the deal with the air pressure, how did you resolve it. I just got in a Force 2.0 in yesterday and will building it up today...It is sweet............:-). My Avalanche Expert should be in next week I can't wait to ride it. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Jamie

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Goin GREAT Jamie!!!

I WANT that 2.0!!!!!
    hahahahaaaaa

I am running the Forks at about 120PSI...it's handling GREAT.

You should KEEP that 2.0, order another one for the floor and put the Avalanch on the floor too.
    You won't regret it! hahahahaaaaaa

By The way...if your looking for one of these (or any other GT mountain Bike) and your in or near the Rochester Area I got mine at Rochester Fitness Equipment in Panorama Plaza in Penfield. Highly Recommended!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Razorfish,
    Dude the bike is hot GT is coming back, and making a statement. for the money, you cant beat it, unless you have to have a trek, or a fisher, or some 3k+ bike, you need to snatch a 3.0 force. I will say one thing(the fox float is really only good for XC, and light trail riding, if you are an AM rider, you will need to upgrade to a coil) I would get mine from performance bike, due to the fact that I am a value shopper, I got mine for 1050! and will not pay sticker price, all of the comps, are good, none, are great, but again for the money they are worth it. I have seen the BLACK, and GREY frames.

Alien Surf Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ballzout
    Razorfish,
    Dude the bike is hot GT is coming back, and making a statement. for the money, you cant beat it, unless you have to have a trek, or a fisher, or some 3k+ bike, you need to snatch a 3.0 force. I will say one thing(the fox float is really only good for XC, and light trail riding, if you are an AM rider, you will need to upgrade to a coil) I would get mine from performance bike, due to the fact that I am a value shopper, I got mine for 1050! and will not pay sticker price, all of the comps, are good, none, are great, but again for the money they are worth it. I have seen the BLACK, and GREY frames.
    Yeah, realistically I'm an AM wannabe. I'm never going to hit 30' jumps or 5' drops. That's just never going to happen. Maybe 10' jumps and 2' drops once in a while. But who knows, if I get a Force it might give me more courage. hahaha

Thanks all for your input.

May the Force be with you

Force 1.0

I picked up the Force 1.0 about 3 weeks ago and have to agree the bike is GREAT!
    Dowieville trip last Saturday. Fun ,Fun ,Fun!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

STINKY TOFU
    GT did right with these bikes
    "I'd pee on that"
    -R. Kelly-

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

I love my wife!!!!!

Just picked mine up thanks to my wife. She's awesome,,,, and so is the 2.0. I rode for a little while. I like it so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

May the Force be with you
    White looks good. Congrats on the new bike.