mtbr "member"

Finally got my Zaskar carbon 100 26

Not much around about the 26 inch version of the bike. But I finally broke down and bought one. Gotta say, I love the bike. Haven't owned a GT mountain bike since the first year the GT I-drive 5 came out. I rode the crap out of that bike and loved it too. I forgot how efficient the design was and how fun XC is.

Only thing I've changed out is the fork to a 15mm axle Fox float fork and 10 speed Sram twist shifters. yes, gripshift.

I realize 29ers are popular, but I'm surprised there's not more about the 26ers.

Sneaker man
    good to see someone getting on a 26er.
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Congrats! I just picked up one of the 26" as well, got a killer deal on it! I love this bike, I'm sure you will yours as well.
    "save a plant, eat an animal"

mtbr "member"
    that's funny, just when I thought there was nothing on the web about the bike, to the right, there's an ad for that zaskar carbon 100 at Jenson. Not sure if it appears in a cycling manner but ironically funny.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to be spending a lot more saddle time on the GT than my Marin.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek View Post
    that's funny, just when I thought there was nothing on the web about the bike, to the right, there's an ad for that zaskar carbon 100 at Jenson. Not sure if it appears in a cycling manner but ironically funny.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to be spending a lot more saddle time on the GT than my Marin.
    Targeted advertising I suppose, I see the ad as well...did you pick yours up at Jenson, Ebay, or LBS? Better deal than what Jenson is asking?

mtbr "member"
    Quote Originally Posted by NytrostarSS View Post
    Targeted advertising I suppose, I see the ad as well...did you pick yours up at Jenson, Ebay, or LBS? Better deal than what Jenson is asking?
    I had to order it from my former LBS. I had to call my previous LBS on the east coast (I know the owner) to track down the 2012 model. Considering how hard it is to find a GT dealer and definitely a Zaskar carbon 100, I had to buy the bike with no test ride, sight unseen. Not a bad gamble. Only GT dealer around me right now is Performance bike and they wanted too much. So with shipping, I ended up paying pretty much what Jenson is charging with California tax calculated in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I think the best thing to happen to 26ers was 29ers. There are some awesome deals on 26ers these days. I found mine on Ebay myself being sold from a bike shop in PA. I had to make a guesstimate as to sizing and fit based on the measurements they gave me and to my surprise, it fits like a glove! I am just impressed with it from every aspect. I ran into a snafu trying to register the bike on the GT website though. I emailed them and they got right back with me the next day and said they'd registered it manually for me and that their S# database probably isn't up to date? I don't know, maybe you can give it a try? Hey, give your bike a review here on the reviews section, I'd like to see what your impressions are of it. The bike only currently has 2 reviews, it would be good to see some more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Do you think the rear would fit a 650/27.5 wheel?