Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    There is a complete bushing and spacer kit for your frame on E-bay for "buy now" of $65.00. This kit includes the pieces you are missing. Go to cycling and then gt and then lts. Good luck and please wash that beautiful frame once in awile.
    sorry for my old dirty bike .. but my LTS was special build for dirt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everything Gt Lts-imag0159.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-imag0162.jpg  

rubber side down
    Nice LTS!^^

I need some help on what size V-Break studs/post/bosses I need for my 97 STS? It had discs but I'm going to V Brakes and the studs are missing.

Seems there are a few different sizes; I think I need the M10 x 1.25mm?

Can someone confirm that or steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!

On another note:

LOL! GT Team Lts Mountain Road Trail Bike Lots of Brand New WTB and Shimano Parts | eBay

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone ride with a suspension seat post on their LTS? I found a couple on ebay with our seatpost size and i'm wondering if it would have any benefit? My only concern is when the bike is fully contracted and used up all of it's travel will the dampening of the seat post pushing down on the already flexed bike be harmful?

If it did work that would be pretty cool, little more kushyness and ease on the back

mtbr member
    May 2013

... and if we just ... no way

Quote Originally Posted by lowtidejoe View Post
    Does anyone ride with a suspension seat post on their LTS? I found a couple on ebay with our seatpost size and i'm wondering if it would have any benefit? My only concern is when the bike is fully contracted and used up all of it's travel will the dampening of the seat post pushing down on the already flexed bike be harmful?

If it did work that would be pretty cool, little more kushyness and ease on the back
    the back suspension of LTS and sit post will never synchronize. when the shock rebound on LTS and rebound on that seat post... you will be like bouncing insted of riding .. i very rare use the seat on mine , so it will be more weight to the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOS1 View Post
    Nice LTS!^^

I need some help on what size V-Break studs/post/bosses I need for my 97 STS? It had discs but I'm going to V Brakes and the studs are missing.

Seems there are a few different sizes; I think I need the M10 x 1.25mm?

Can someone confirm that or steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!

i just measured on my GT LTS 1996 and it is M10 x 1.25mm .. it should be the same on yours .. i will be quite surprised if is any difference as is the same make GT.. Good Thinking

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stAct View Post
    i just measured on my GT LTS 1996 and it is M10 x 1.25mm .. it should be the same on yours .. i will be quite surprised if is any difference as is the same make GT.. Good Thinking
    Sweet, I jumped the gun and bought that size yesterday before you replied, but now I feel better. Appreciate you taking the time to do that!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Finally got my 1996 LTS-DH assembled with the 1999 Boxxer, new PIG headset, XT disc, Saint lever, front hub....I may swap the stem. The frame is a medium plus I like the longer cockpit....I love this bike! This would have been my dream DH rig back in the day
    That is such a sick bike, how do you like the boxxer fork on it? Also what's the extra chain tensioner thing called?

rubber side down
    Here is my new build;
    1997 GT STS DH (thermoplastic)
    Rock Shox SID fork
    Ringle Slamma Jamma headset
    Tomac bars
    Generic stem
    XTR rear shifter
    XTR v-breaks
    Not installed yet;
    XT rear derailluer
    XTR crankset
    Need;
    XTR v-brakes (rear)
    seatpost
    grips
    Bottom bracket install
    Everything Gt Lts-gt-sts1a.jpg
    That is such a sick bike, how do you like the boxxer fork on it? Also what's the extra chain tensioner thing called?

Thanks man, so stoked on it! The Boxxer is way better then the Judy XL I had on there. Also adding the front disc puts icing on the cake. I have since switched out the stem for a Thompson which helped the feel.

That chain tentioner is called Dr. Crud. You can still find them on ebay, although they are not the Dr. Crud brand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks man, I'll look into finding a chain tensioner. How much travel do you get with that set up? sick new build!

rubber side down
    Thanks man, I'll look into finding a chain tensioner. How much travel do you get with that set up? sick new build!

I'll message you the ebay link to the one I bought.

Forks are 100mm

Rear claims 4.25" I think, someone here can correct me if I'm wrong.

Building this up for my 11 y/o son, he is STOKED!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone know if the handlebars for our GT LTS's are 25.4?

Huckin' trails

Everything Gt Lts

Does anyone know if the handlebars for our GT LTS's are 25.4?
    I think chances are pretty slim to be anywhere else for handlebar clamp size for those years. 25.4 was pretty standard till mid 2000's for anything but DH and FR.

But I could be wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Has anyone else bent the washer underneath the spring of the rock shox deluxe?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Anybody got a source for a replacement Deluxe/Coupe Deluxe, parts for same or other coil shock for the first generation LTS frames (eyelets not trunnion mount)?

I'm not interested in a Risse air shock.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post
    Anybody got a source for a replacement Deluxe/Coupe Deluxe, parts for same or other coil shock for the first generation LTS frames (eyelets not trunnion mount)?

ebay and time......in due time you will find what you need, but you need to check daily to get what you want.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post

I've been hoarding parts for years, but now that I've decided to sell my LTS, I guess I can let the parts go too.
    I know I have a Super Deluxe shock, several coil springs of various weights, pivots, bushings, etc.

rubber side down
    Good to know GT-Guy,
    You should list any parts for the LTS you want to get rid of here. I'm sure lots of us need (want) extra hard to find parts.

Favor;
    anyone know off hand what the seat post diameter is for a 1997 STS. Frame is a home and I'm trying to buy one.

Thanks in Advance,
    Chris

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good to know GT-Guy,
    You should list any parts for the LTS you want to get rid of here. I'm sure lots of us need (want) extra hard to find parts.
    I'd like to see them go to you guys. I'm pretty sure the powers that be would frown on me posting them here, and I don't do Paypal so I can't post a "legal" ad here.
    I need to dig the box out of the closet and see exactly what's in there. Will try to do that this weekend.

rubber side down
    You could also list on pinbike? Ridemonkey?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Put a short stem on my rig, now i don't have back ache and it's more responsive. Just need to get that replacement shock in.

edit: does my chain look too loose?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Does anyone have any fork suggestions for my GT seen above ^, it's been leaking recently and i'm looking to get a little more travel and squish. I ride 2-4 miles daily on road to get to my singletrack where I like to do fast XC and jumps.

Huckin' trails

Everything Gt Lts

Does anyone have any fork suggestions for my GT seen above ^, it's been leaking recently and i'm looking to get a little more travel and squish. I ride 2-4 miles daily on road to get to my singletrack where I like to do fast XC and jumps.
    A good ol' SID fork would be my pick.

Although you may want to give a look at X-Fusion and Marzocchi offerings too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the reply! Just installed new rear shock. What a difference! Pics later

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, Can anyone help. I have what I believe is a GT LTS 2, not sure what year. I am trying to find rear v brakes that will fit. I bought some standard v-brakes but they foul against the seat stay because the levers are too long.

Can anyone tell me what brakes will fit this bike?

Many thanks,
    Lee

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy View Post
    I know on the first generation of LTS's, when people tried to retrofit V-brakes they found that the longer brake arms hit the stays where they curve up towards the upper link.
    Pretty sure that was the case on all the 94 and 95 frames, so maybe the bike we're discussing has a later rear end or stays. In 96 they spec'd V-brakes and adjusted the angle the bosses were on to allow for more clearance.
    I see I'm not the first to have this problem then!

So what brakes will fit this frame then, can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Lee

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast