Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    i just found one of these listed on my local craigs list... im 6'0" what size should i be looking at? im gonna take a look at it tomorrow!!! awsome thread...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    i just found one of these listed on my local craigs list... im 6'0" what size should i be looking at? im gonna take a look at it tomorrow!!! awsome thread...
    18" c-c
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126 View Post
    18" c-c

thank you... thats what size it is..

mtbr member

1997 gt lts-2

Could not pass on this!!! In great shape and ridden a handful of times... $300 from Craigslist...... SN#S7KA1961 Can't really make out how that reads, but maybe one of you guys will...

Ive been looking hard at a karakoram, thought i had my heart set again!!! After seeing this, ill be looking for a matching Zaskar...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everything Gt Lts-1.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-2.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-3.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-4.png  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hey all I have an lts-3 that I acquired a couple years ago that I'm looking to sell, but I would like to get some more information first. The serial is S7IA4411. Can anyone help with some information? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

lts 2000 front derailer

hi can anybody tell me what front derailer i should have i this frame or one they reconmend many thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    May i know how old is GT LTS-2

GT LTS Hoarder
    For anyone who keeps wondering where is a replacement shock for your trunion-mount frame, here's your answer! I should've known that the answer was so simple to be found on ebay! Just take an old eye-to-eye shock and thread a trunion mount onto it! So simple!

I love the sellers response to the one question...
    Q: is the rear shock completely, properly mounted?
    A: Hi Yes, the rear shock have a special adapter from factory. That's the way it should be mounted Thanks
    Now we know how it should be, so I don't want to hear any more questions about rear shocks. Item number 221124944622 for those who want it done right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everything Gt Lts-gtwhat2.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-stswhat.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    There's a good simple tip on the trunion....

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It's been a while since I've been on here, and I've only read up to about page 8 on replies. I just bought a STS frame to build up instead of the LTS one that I still haven't gotten around to. I just moved and have a buddy that used to be a bike mechanic and he's gonna help me with the build in exchange for beer.
    I'm curious if anyone has, or has a source for, the liners to guide the cables through the frame? I'd much rather get the routed the right way than have to zip tie them to the frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It's been a while since I've been on here, and I've only read up to about page 8 on replies. I just bought a STS frame to build up instead of the LTS one that I still haven't gotten around to. I just moved and have a buddy that used to be a bike mechanic and he's gonna help me with the build in exchange for beer.
    I'm curious if anyone has, or has a source for, the liners to guide the cables through the frame? I'd much rather get the routed the right way than have to zip tie them to the frame.

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    If anyone has a great condition LTS or STS frame for sale, send me an PM.

Edit: No more need for this, as I just purchased a used Ellsworth Moment.
    Last edited by btl68; 11-12-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: No more need for a LTS or an STS
    Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by btl68 View Post
    If anyone has a great condition LTS or STS frame for sale, send me an PM.
    How about a complete LTS? PM sent.

Pickin' n' Grinnin'
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy View Post
    How about a complete LTS? PM sent.
    PM's answered, offer sent, awaiting reply.
    Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away...

Singletrackmac

Pivot replacement parts LTS 3

I need to get pivot replacement parts for a 96/97 LTS-3. Does anyone know where I can find the lower and upper pivot replacment parts for this bike?

Thanks
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

"I only had like two winekills captain buzzcooler"

mtbr member
    you can find the replacement parts you need along with the sealed roller bearing kits at Betd... GT Lts and Sts spares : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Can anyone post some pics with close-ups of cable routing on a STS? I just turned over my frame to my buddy to build it up for me and he's concerned about how the cable comes out of the down tube for the front deraileur and also about proper length for the rear deraileur. I'm assuming a good loop is required for the rear, but not sure. Are there any special fittings that should be used where the cables come out from the frame or anything else special that should be considered???

GT LTS Hoarder
    I'm not proud of these pictures....

This is the way it's done on my STS. The other bike that I never ride is even worse than it.
    I have a short section of cable liner that gives is some protection, but I hardly think its enough. As seldom as I ride it anymore, I have no intention of changing it, so maybe someone else has it it run differently and better than my setup.

Just make sure your rear derailleur has a bit of a gentle curve to it when the suspension is fully extended between the top tube and rear triangle. If it is run totally straight, it could cause ghost shifting as I found out the hard way.

I just used regular metal cable ends on mine and haven't had any problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everything Gt Lts-img_0384.jpg  

Everything Gt Lts-img_0383.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johntheroadie View Post
    This is the way it's done on my STS.
    Ooh I do love that STS...
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post
    I need to get pivot replacement parts for a 96/97 LTS-3. Does anyone know where I can find the lower and upper pivot replacment parts for this bike?

Thanks
    GT LTS/STS : Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Ben's Cycle
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

rear disc brake fouling

please can any one help i have fitted one of those a2z disc brake adapters and replaced the horstlink bottom brushes baiscally when i spin the rear wheel the disc dont touch on the pads but when i pedal or turn a corner it rubs quite badly its a real nightmare am that close to giving up has anyone had this experience with these adapters or having rear disc brakes on a lts ? my friend reckons its the frame flexing and lts cant run rear disc brakes because of this and were never desighed to have them but i dont think thats exactly true because am sure 99 lts had disc brakes correct me if am wrong please help me guys its took me months and months to build this bike from scatch i really dont want to give up

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Did you bolt the adapter to your left rear dropout along with the skewer atachment? Send pictures. I did one on my wifes 96 small lts-1 and it worked just fine except when i had to take the rear wheel off. No rubbing of the rotor when everything is bolted up snug.

mtbr member
    rear disc brake fouling
    Check out the other options for Disk Brakes on page 27 of this forum...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    Did you bolt the adapter to your left rear dropout along with the skewer atachment? Send pictures. I did one on my wifes 96 small lts-1 and it worked just fine except when i had to take the rear wheel off. No rubbing of the rotor when everything is bolted up snug.
    thank you so much for the reply our do some pictures now and upload them

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Betoh00 View Post
    Check out the other options for Disk Brakes on page 27 of this forum...
    thanks for the reply yes i have but am not keen on drilling holes am not confident it doing that i dont understand why the a2z mount dont work well it does its just this rubbing

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast