Everything Gt Lts

Printable View

• 09-01-2015
    NeilP
    3 Attachment(s)
    Back end where the axle clamps on has had a disk adapter welded on, and also the aluminium pieces are extra axle clamps. This is a build of a 50 mph electric 10kW e-bike, so the axle needs to be clamped in torque clamps otherwise it just spins out chewing the dropouts.

Serial No. S7JA2698

Attachment 1012398
    Attachment 1012399
    Attachment 1012400
  • 09-11-2015
    sunn80
    Hello,
    I'm a french user LTS 1000 ds
    it dates from 1999.
    I am pleased to find members who share the same passion as me for the LTS and STS

• 09-11-2015
    sunn80
    full xt
    mavic 317 disc with Sram 9.0
    race face 46/43/22
    hanger and gallows Kore
  • 09-11-2015
    sunn80
    4 Attachment(s)
    somes pictures
  • 09-11-2015
    TAOS1
    Love those Bombers on that! Nice clean looking sled man! Lots of killer information in this thread...I suggest reading though the whole thing as some point.
  • 09-15-2015
    sunn80
    I hope to find a lot of tricks to optimize some level suspension
  • 10-19-2015
    GNfanatic
    hey guys, need your expertise. Found a carbon gt lts local to me, seems to be all orig (xtr, kore, titec etc) looks to be from the 90's and would love to get it and restore it, supposedly frame is perfect besides stickers, just needs tuning. Question for you guys is how are these carbon frames?? If they are known to crack I dont want it. Also $250 sounds fair???? thanks!!
  • 10-19-2015
    TAOS1
    Can't go wrong for $250. The XTR parts alone would sell for more than that.

As for breaking, depends on your weight and how hard you ride. I have one, but I won't ride it on really rowdy stuff

check for cracks before you take it
  • 10-19-2015
    GNfanatic
    thanks for the reply. I have a pic of it but I cant attach it, cant find that option?>
  • 10-19-2015
    TAOS1
    When you reply, use the "Go Advanced" and you can upload there
  • 11-10-2015
    fitjiffa
    The rear on Neilp's LTS 4 looks just like mine, so not homemade as far as I can see.

Do you reckon you could fit a more quality shock, now you know how to fit a crap one?

The internal damper on my elastomer has broken and I'm wondering what to do.
  • 01-28-2016
    TAOS1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Anyone looking for a spare shock for their LTS?
    I have a NOS one available. Hit me up for details
  • 02-13-2016
    BugeyedEarl
    1 Attachment(s)
    Spotted this at the beach today, owner didn't seem to know anything about it and uses it for a neighborhood ride. I told him it was pretty cool and left it at that...
  • 02-14-2016
    maxnyc199
    Lts 1 for sale
    I am the orginal owner of an 1997 20" lts 1. Unfortunately I don't have time to ride it so I am putting up for sale. It mostly stock orginal all xt from the period upgraded rear hub to a white industries at the time.
    Pm me if intrest .
    Thanks
  • 02-27-2016
    milesinfront
    3 Attachment(s)
    Hi All, here's my LTS that I bought as a used frame in ~1998.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbfhyekrct..._0575.JPG?dl=0

Just getting back into the sport for fitness/fun. Thought I'd get this bike back up to spec. Apart from just basic stuff like replacing cables etc. I milled up a disc brake adaptor as this was one of the earlier non-vbrake compatible frames.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd1taieczc..._0576.JPG?dl=0

Pretty pleased with the adaptor. Very ridgid and didn't require any mods to the frame/dropout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7bsgridpg..._0577.JPG?dl=0

New derailleur and chain are due in a few days and it'll be ready for action....

Am looking for a disc type fork that's at least as good as the Judys.

Serial number is SAS610480 which I believe makes it a 1996 from Taiwan?

Rear shock is a Coupe De Lux. Already on the hunt for an Alps4, but the Coupe is still in working condition. I'm only a medium weight rider and don't plan on doing anything too extreme so hopefully it'll be okay for some time yet.

Looking forward to get it dusty! Last time I took it out it got plenty of 2nd looks. But sadly for all the wrong reasons. I think if I held out a hat people would have thrown me some change! LOL
  • 02-27-2016
    BugeyedEarl
    Nice work on the disc adapter, very slick!
  • 02-27-2016
    milesinfront
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BugeyedEarl View Post
    Nice work on the disc adapter, very slick!

Cheers! :)
  • 04-03-2016
    Jaygale1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    Top link
    Anyone have a top link for sale 1998 lts
  • 07-15-2016
    yfrnaks
    I have two GT LTS bikes:
    One is non-trunion, cantilever rear only (cannot fit a v-brake).
    The other is a non-trunion, but can run cantilever or v-brakes.

Are the chainstays the exact same dimensions because one of the frames is purely a spares donor and I have a cracked chainstay to replace.
  • 07-24-2016
    kavisiegel
    4 Attachment(s)
    Hey GT LTS folks, I posted in this other thread a few minutes ago but it may be relevant here too.

Years ago in high school I tried to redesign the geometry of my rear suspension. Didn't do much design work so I didn't ever trust it enough to ride it. Trying to bring this project back to life. I asked a bunch of questions in this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/gt/gt-lts-cus...ms-529664.html

I promise this'll be awesome! :D The photos below are of the design I'm throwing away, but I still think they look cool

Attachment 1083862Attachment 1083863
    Attachment 1083860Attachment 1083861
  • 07-24-2016
    STS
    Good work!
    But for me the trunion mount is an advantage, because allows to change geometry very easy
    I adapted the trunion to accommodate the fox float of the cannondale jekyll and I'm really happy with it, 140 or 170mm for the two positions of the chip

In your Idea you could add different holes/positions to change geometry/travel
    And also lighten with a triangles hole in each plate

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • 07-24-2016
    milesinfront
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kavisiegel View Post
    Hey GT LTS folks, I posted in this other thread a few minutes ago but it may be relevant here too.

Years ago in high school I tried to redesign the geometry of my rear suspension. Didn't do much design work so I didn't ever trust it enough to ride it. Trying to bring this project back to life. I asked a bunch of questions in this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/gt/gt-lts-cus...ms-529664.html

I promise this'll be awesome! :D The photos below are of the design I'm throwing away, but I still think they look cool

Attachment 1083862Attachment 1083863
    Attachment 1083860Attachment 1083861

Just do it! Looks heaps beefy! Heat treated or not, the stock link is very thin and light... My link is going great! :)

Attachment 1084024Attachment 1084025Attachment 1084026
  • 08-17-2016
    Nemo092485
    Hey guys I have a 96 lts trying to get some info on it. I'll try and upload a pic of it it's looking cool my boss gave me the frame for free and I have a wrecked fuel that I stripped down. Everything is transferring over great. If all goes well I should be trailing on it Saturday!! I love the links for all the stuff this is a great thread for these bikes.
  • 10-10-2016
    aohammer
    Help me confirm my year frame guys. As stamped on the bottom bracket shell, 01294****LTS 16 where **** are I believe the build sequence numbers. Decals 'Team LTS' blue w/ yellow outlines. Titanium link, full XTR group v-brakes, shifters, der, Fox ALPS 4 shock, RS Judy SL yellow, Mavic 217s, White Ind hubs, Synchros stem and post.

Yes waking this thread up again. Love the craftsmanship of these old GTs!
  • 10-18-2016
    Mascot
    My next project:

1996 LTS.
  • 10-23-2016
    Mascot
    Aaaaaaaand... Project complete.

• 10-23-2016
    ClayP
    That's awesome!!!
  • 10-23-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayP View Post
    That's awesome!!!

Ditto!
    And he picked the ultimate LTS, the STS version with the composite carbon tubes mated to the aluminum lugs. A piece of art in craftsmanship as well.
  • 10-23-2016
    Mascot
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks chaps. Still got some finishing to do (repaint the forks, powder coat the mag wheels, fully strip the frame for a deep clean and polish, apply new decals, refine the hub mounts etc etc) but I'm really pleased with how it looks so far. Here's a close-up.

Attachment 1101537

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's an STS-1, as the complete groupset was XTR and the seatpost and stem were Kore.

Is the old XTR 27-speed groupset worth much?
  • 11-07-2016
    kavisiegel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Got my parts frame in last week - I'm pumped to but my LTS back together!

I think I did well on ebay. I paid $170 total for the bike and shipping. This frame has the titanium link and the fox air shock.

I'm going to need to put a new fork on the front, going to do discs up front, I guess that's going to spiral out of control into retrofitting disc brakes on the back and two new wheels. Damn I'm bad at cheap projects.

Attachment 1104531
  • 11-07-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Your ^^ photo is not showing on my end.
  • 11-20-2016
    Georgia Cracker
    I sold my '95 LTS-2 a couple years ago but kept the Cane Creek AD-12 rear shock. I realize that I will not have another LTS, so this needs to go. I had it paired with Englund air cartridges in a Judy on the front. The AD-12 only weighs 260 grams and will allow full travel of the suspension. It is so much better than the stock shock, there is no comparison. I would post a photo but the website won't let me. I can email if you are interested. This one does not have many miles, I blew up the original shock (which the bike shop replaced) and that was replaced by an AD-8 which worked for a very long time. When it finally broke I bought the AD-12, but soon after that I bought a Santa Cruz and that became my ride of choice. So this shock is for sale - $100 + postage. If you still ride your bike you will be amazed at the difference this shock will make.