Platforms For Life

Ebayed a Force 3.0 tonight!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160317136582

So I just bought this on ebay. Did I do good?

I am new to full suspension but based on what I've seen here this bike seems like a good choice, at a really good price. As long as ther eis nothing more than scratches as the ad claims.

May the Force be with you
    Yes, you did get a good deal on the bike. It retails for$ 1599.99. Your going to love the bike also.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yep, that's one heck of a deal.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    :shake fist:

nice score

mtbr member
    I wonder if that's from Single Tracks in Fruita.
    I used to work for the "other" GT dealer in GJ.

Platforms For Life
    Sweet can't wait till I get it, I've only been riding for about 6months so far. Singletrack at Sac River here in Missouri with a Trek 4500 hardtail, I really don't like the feeling of barreling down a hill without rear suspension, so I decided it was time to try to smooth out my rides with this!

Should be getting it next week sometime.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

ahhahaaa u out bid me on it, but I did not want to pay that much for it, when u don;t like it send me an email I will buy it off you, I just pretty much want the frame though

Platforms For Life
    For some reason I doubt I will be doing that
    2008 GT Force 3.0
    2009 Bianchi Pista fixie

Platforms For Life
    Got it in today! Built it up the best I could, but I'm gonna have to rebuild the front hub, it grinds a bit when I spin it with my fingers. And I have to buy a tool to tighten the crank, but then I will take it for a spin and see what I think! I'm excited.

Also, I had no idea modern cranks are hollow and have a hole going all the way through them, I kept looking everywhere for another part to put in there...
    2008 GT Force 3.0
    2009 Bianchi Pista fixie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfrican
    Got it in today! Built it up the best I could, but I'm gonna have to rebuild the front hub, it grinds a bit when I spin it with my fingers. And I have to buy a tool to tighten the crank, but then I will take it for a spin and see what I think! I'm excited.

Also, I had no idea modern cranks are hollow and have a hole going all the way through them, I kept looking everywhere for another part to put in there...

Obvious you have been away from cycling for a few years or hibernating and just woke up. Understand it's been a long winter.... as Hollowtech 2 an similar cranks have been around now for 3-4 years.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Platforms For Life

No good

Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Obvious you have been away from cycling for a few years or hibernating and just woke up. Understand it's been a long winter.... as Hollowtech 2 an similar cranks have been around now for 3-4 years.
    haha yes it has...but also sealed bearings have become popular in the last 3-4years yet I still have the old fashioned pain in the ass hubs
    2008 GT Force 3.0
    2009 Bianchi Pista fixie