mtbr member
    Oct 2007

early "90"s Zaskar?

did any early Zaskars have their serial # on the btm brkt? This one i have, there is no # on the drop-out, please help.... thanx
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride, she fights MMA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    did any early Zaskars have their serial # on the btm brkt? This one i have, there is no # on the drop-out, please help.... thanx

To my knowledge none. They all have the serial number on the left rear dropout some have it inside the dropout and some on the outside of the dropout. Does your frame have a flat cap at the back of the seat tube? GT did have some Pantera's from 1992 that were built with the flat cap at the back of the top tube and those have the serial number on the bottom bracket. I have one of those frames too. How early is your frame? Does is have u-brakes in the rear.

Post some pics......much easier to tell and easier to help you that way.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    no u-brake, no flat cap & I think probably 95-96 for the year. After closer inspection I now know why this guy let the bike go so cheap, cracked head tube. At first I thought just the paint was cracked, but no such luck. LBS guy says to strip the frame & keep the parts for later. Its to bad, because it was a pretty nice bike. Thanx 4 your help...............
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride, she fights MMA.