mtbr member

Upset Cracked LTS Seatstay

Hi there. Today mountain biking, I cracked the seatstay. The crack seperated the top half of the stay from the lower. Basically, the rear derailleur cable is the only thing holding this piece from venturing into the spokes of my rim. This sucks. I have another Thermo LTS that I beat the crap out of for about 14 years with no problems. This LTS frame is like 2 years old.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement seatstay tube?
    Last edited by loggerhead; 03-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.

nothing too modern for me
    Quote Originally Posted by loggerhead
    Hi there. Today mountain biking, I cracked the seatstay. The crack seperated the top half of the stay from the lower. Basically, the rear derailleur cable is the only thing holding this piece from venturing into the spokes of my rim. This sucks. I have another Thermo LTS that I beat the crap out of for about 14 years with no problems. This LTS frame is like 2 years old.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement seatstay tube?
    Hi there chap,

sorry to hear you snapped your frame, You can very often find LTS & STS frames & parts for sale on Ebay.

How have you only had your broken frames for 2 years, they stopped making them in 1999/2000.

Good luck getting it running again, keep your eyes peeled on ebay!.

mtbr member
    this frame that i cracked i've had for only two years. i actually bought it on ebay two years ago. currently, somebody on ebay is selling the seatstays but they are for the trunion mount. this won't work for the older original lts' with the single swing piece.
    thanks for the advice. I have been rountinely serveying ebay in hopes of finding a replacement.