mtbr member

Community help- 2003 ID 1.0

Guys I own a GT 2003 ID 1.0 and the Fox RP Shock is about dead I either need to send it in to get serviced or buy something better. I am 6ft 225lb rider but not brutal on my bikes. Prefer slightly more agressive XC riding, I just need to get a few more years out of her before I move up to something new. Is it possible to even have a shock with slightly more travel?

Any suggestions on a new rear shock (even if its a coil), I couldn't tell you what the eye to eye measurement is, maybe some here can help with that.

Anyways thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I installed a DT Swiss SSD 190L 6.5" eye to eye shock on my 1.0 i-drive. I am 6' 4" and 225 lbs. This is by far the best shock I have installed on this bike out of 6 different ones. Including the original Rock Shox Sid, Fox float R, Fox Vannilla(nice but heavy), Risse Terminator(6.75") and Risse Genesis. The Risse's had a nice feel but did lose some travel and always needed a rebuild. Two years with the DT, no problems

mtbr member
    Sweet- thank you. I was hoping to get something like this.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Check with PUSH industries and see if they can rebuild it for you.

www.pushindustries.com

I pushed my Fox Float and it works very well.

mtbr member
    I did look at them before- it would be my first choice to get it pushed if I end up going that route.

Clyde

Push it

A pushed shock is the way to go. The best $150 you can spend on your ride. I pushed my jekyll early this year and wish I did it day one. (If you are interested you can take it for a spin at lambert park. It is now my second steed who is looking for a home to the right owner. )

mtbr member
    The unfortunate thing is sending my shock to be pushed means not riding and that is right next to things that wont be happening. Although I might by a second shock anyways and then send it in so I can have two if one goes down.