mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Carbon zaskar seat post clamp

Bike is a 2011 GT carbon expert.
    Problem is the seat post clamp.

If I tighten the seat post clamp enough to hold the seat up, the clamp "pops up" and, of course, the Seatpost slides all the way down.

It looks like there is some type of glue between where the clamp sits on the seat post tube but if it was supposed to hold it, it isn't working.

And suggestions ideas? I'd email GT, but it looks like their website is down.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I wonder if your seatpost is too small. Posting pics might help us a little more bro.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gt jorgito View Post
    I wonder if your seatpost is too small. Posting pics might help us a little more bro.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd be surprised if the seat post is too small since it is stock to the bicycle. Im gonna take it over to a friend of mine who used to own a bike shop to see if he can figure it out. Incidentally, he also suggested that the seat post was too small.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I hope he gets u fixed up bro. Thats a sweet bike to have
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.