Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Nice day for a ride.....
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,612

    Built up an I-Drive

    I grabbed this frame for a song and built it up. Its a brand new never built 2000 GT XCR1500, just finished the build about a half hour ago, can't wait to ride it





    My stable of GT's has been getting alot larger lately, I'm up to 2 Avalanches and now this.... whats next?!?!?!?!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sweeney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Looks great! Did you ride it yet? Tell us how it went.

  3. #3
    Nice day for a ride.....
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney
    Looks great! Did you ride it yet? Tell us how it went.
    Yeah I got out on it today (20km ride), rides pretty good. I'm a tried and true hardtail guy but this is the most like-able FS bike I've had. Blows the Fuel EX7 I had out of the water, I'm digging it, maybe it will grow on me more. We will see. I'll ride it again tomorrow and post more of my thoughts on it then after I've got more saddle time on it.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sweeney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    720
    Glad you're liking the ride.

    Check out this thread about the I-drive team:

    2001/2004 GT I-drive team.......

    The thread lasted for years and I got the last new one sold. I'm loving mine.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    47

    Beautiful Build!

    It's a good looking frame color combo. I've got my sights on a XCR 1500 frame with the Sid dual air, also to build up.

    It looks like you've got the same rear shock.

    Whats the weight on that bike?

  6. #6
    Nice day for a ride.....
    Reputation: Bikin' Bric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney
    Glad you're liking the ride.

    Check out this thread about the I-drive team:

    2001/2004 GT I-drive team.......

    The thread lasted for years and I got the last new one sold. I'm loving mine.
    You've got a nice team there Sweeney, very nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeriatricFreeRide
    It's a good looking frame color combo. I've got my sights on a XCR 1500 frame with the Sid dual air, also to build up.

    It looks like you've got the same rear shock.

    Whats the weight on that bike?
    The weight is about 31lbs, its not too bad.

    I've had it out and have 7 hours on it now and I'm liking it, its nice to do jumps and drops and not worry about destroying my 25lbs hardtail. The only thing I do not like about the bike is that it sits so much higher up than my Avalanche. It makes cornering pretty tricky at times and can make the bike an interesting climber in the tight switchbacks. Other than that, two thumbs up!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •