mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Building 95 or 98 GT Aggressor

Hello,
    I just bought a 90s model GT Aggressor for $20. It is Blue with white GT All Terra on Downtube. I have found a lot of threads on other GTs but not much on the Aggressor. I bought it to build up cause all I had before was a small 90s Trek Sport 800. I couldn't upgrade it much and it was too small for me anyway. So I got this one to build into an SS. I am wondering how the frame is on this bike. Is it solid? It is a Chromoly frame. Also I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what year it is the letters on the SN are "DLKH"

From the previous research I have done it looks like it is a 98, but I am not sure. Any other comments about the frame on the Aggressor would be welcomed. Thanks.

No good in rock gardens..
    Bikepedia suggests that the '98 was orange and black.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...ssor&Type=bike

And that the '95 was available in blue.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sweet, thanks. that means its a 95. does anyone know how solid the aggressor is compared to the Zaskar, Avalanche or some of the others in that year? i know the components are **** but I am replacing all of them anyway. I just want to make sure that I am not wasting time putting good components on the GT aggressor frame