Thread: Bike overhall

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Bike overhall

Hey guys and gals. I am in the process of stripping down the trusty steed and replacing to some parts. Figure it is time to give her a tune up.
    I have a 2003 Idrive and I can't seem to find two parts and am wondering if you could help me out. If you look at this pdf from the GT site I am looking for #'s 25 (Bottom Shock Bolt, M6x35, SHCS), 31(Shock Mount Threaded Top Hat), 29(Upper Shock Mount Wathers (black)).
    Any chance anyone can point me in the right direction. I know I can talk to the bike shop an get it ordered from GT but that usually ends up costing me 4x's the amount when I can pick up a generic one at an online shop somewhere or even at Lowe's. I have tried my local hardware store with no luck so far. After work I am hitting lowes.
    Thanks for any help you can offfer!
    Sometimes your the windshield, other times just the bug. That's life. (c:
    Mountain Biking Apparel

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Scratch my request. I went ahead and ordered the parts through rbikes.com like I have in the past. Or at least they are looking into it for me.
    Mountain Biking Apparel

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I would try either at NAPA or ACE for speciality hardware. HD or Lowes won't have them all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I tried ACE first and then Lowes and HD. I also talked to a guy that works on custom cars and such and they all gave me the same answer... Order it through the manufacturer. So back to Rbikes.com I went and the parts are supposed to be on the way. I am actually glad that I have to wait on them, keeps me from rushing the paint job on the frame.

Thank you for your replay though!
    Mountain Biking Apparel