Uncle

Best bike for $1000?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/732334155.html

Is just saying "No" to crack enough? Discuss...
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    You just missed a Xizang on eBay that would have been a better ride for the money.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    How old is that frame? And how old are the components. That sounds like a way too high price for me. Check out my reply to the post below about buying a Zaskar. Also check out Ebay to see what they are going for. On the GT websight a new aluminum Zaskar with a nice build including a Reba fork has a list price of $1500, and you've got to be able to get some kind of discount, so I'd say the price of the old one is way to close.
    Last edited by Sweeney; 06-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

keep looking

that bike is old and $1000 for a bike that old seems pricey.. I agree with sweeny you could do way better with one of the new GT bikes for a bit more and if you are over 150lbs the SID fork is not for you.. oh and it has a broken seat rail .. oh joy so it already is 1k + since you have to run out and get a new seat

mtbr member
    If you are looking for a use bike I would suggest trying to find one that someone bougt but then never really rode it rather then someone that looks like they used it for what is was desigend for.
    Performace has an Idrive that is $999.00 full suspension and you know it hasn't been beat on.