Too Close To The Hill
    Jun 2007

Bearings for a 2004 DH i? + GT drama

The main pivot on the DH i is done-ski... kaput... wobbly-unusable-screwed.

I knew it was coming, so I tried to call GT to no avail, so I emailed them asking about replacement parts. Nearly two weeks later they sent this oh-so-helpful response:

Due to the technical nature of your question, you will be best served by visiting or contacting one of our Authorized Retailer in your area. To locate an Authorized Retailer visit our dealer locator page at gtbicycle.com: The Leading Bicycles Site on the Net
    Thank you for riding a GT.
    CSG

Well, the LBS that carries GT
    1. Stated they got such poor support from GT they were dropping them.
    2. Their tech took 4 hours to bleed a brake, I walk in to see the tech watching Youtube how-to vids and hooking up the syringes to the RIGHT lever and the FRONT caliper! :

I don't think they'd be able to help. So, I am turning to the forum for help. I would like to restore this bike to a rideable state. Help?
    Lacerations through intact armor are a mark of talent... or stupid... or both...

mtbr member
    For bearings, call a bearing shop and read them the code printed on the side of the bearing. That should take care of that.

For pivot parts, call the bigger GT dealers, nevermind local. They're more likely to have small parts like that left over, or can possibly source them for you.
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitAP View Post
    Due to the technical nature of your question, you will be best served by visiting or contacting one of our Authorized Retailer in your area. To locate an Authorized Retailer visit our dealer locator page at gtbicycle.com: The Leading Bicycles Site on the Net
    Thank you for riding a GT.
    CSG
    i got the same response while trying to locate a few missing lower shock mount "sex nuts" [a counter sunk bushing on either side with a female thread and a (6mm) stud connecting them]

my parts are from a 2002 Ruckus, but i think the DHi shares the i -Drive dogbone and swingarm pivot needle bearings?.

try here: GT i Drive Spares : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec

and here for a cheaper set of bearings for the eccentric rebuild parts: GT I Drive Bike Eccentric Cup, Seals and Bearing Kit | eBay

i know they are not the same but my dogbone has the 8mm x 6mm bushing/bolts versus the 6mm at both ends, thats why i think some ruckus/DHi parts are interchangable

good luck

doug hunt

**EDIT** looks like less is the same than i originally thought, but the top link does have DHi specif parts......
    Last edited by stingray230sx; 08-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.