mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Avid CR upgrade - Sanction 1.0

Anyone else not wild about their Avid CRs on a Sanction 1 or other somewhat similar gt bike? They came stock in what overall seemed like a decent component package. I kinda thought they were a midrange product so I'm not really surprised at their so-so performance. I weigh around 200 lbs and my riding's mostly more technical AM and I'm not particularly liking the CR's strength on bigger DHs. They're not really that bad but I'm interested in upgrading if possible, whether or not it'll be serious coin isn't an issue . . .

Any recommendations out there from guys who've been in a similar boat lately?

mtbr member
    are you talking about the elixirs?

i absolutely love mine on my Force - but then i'm not doing any shuttle assist or dedicated dh runs. if i were, i would probably go up in rotor size (cheap) or switch to the new codes with the elixir design master cylinder.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by superbird
    are you talking about the elixirs?

i absolutely love mine on my Force - but then i'm not doing any shuttle assist or dedicated dh runs. if i were, i would probably go up in rotor size (cheap) or switch to the new codes with the elixir design master cylinder.
    Yeah, the elixirs. I thought about the rotor option too.

The Force is a sweet ride btw and I can see the elixirs being crisp on it.