GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Anyone with an '08 Carbon Zaskar? Just ordered mine.

Well, I went and impulsively snapped up the last Med '08 Zaskar Carbon Pro from performance. I have always had Zaskars and the component spec and price was just too good to pass up at $2700.

I would love to hear from anyone who has one. What do you think?

I was hesitant on the carbon and thought about getting the aluminum reissue frame and building that up instead, but the carbon is slick looking and apparently these were built heavier than say a Trek 9.8 carbon to allow for more aggressive riding. See the article posted here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...es/gt_launch07

Anyway, if you have one let me know. I would love to hear from you.

-Grant
    Golden, CO

Single Speed Junkie
    Jan 2008
    My wife got one a few weeks back and she loves it. She also got a good deal on it as a crash replacement. She's riding a small and it weighs 23lbs.! Amazing! She's climbing much better and I noticed the other day that it is really fast through tight turns. So far the only thing she's not totally happy about is the pedals (she's been riding Ritchey spd-like pedals for 10 yrs and she's having trouble with getting clipped in with the Crank Bros.).

Hope you like yours as much as she likes hers.

Mike

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Thanks

Thanks for the post Mike. I am excited...still a little hesitant on the cabon, but excited. I wonder if GT will be making the carbon Zaskars for '09 or not. I haven't heard anything either way yet. I do know they pretty much have sold out of the '08's. The framesets were all snapped up real early...thus my purchasing an entire bike. But it's a got a great spec so I think it will be very nice.

-G

Single Speed Junkie
    Jan 2008
    No problem. Thanks for the article-it's nice to know that they're making them for the long run. My wife is taking hers out this weekend for a two-day trip with the girls.

Hope that you enjoy your new ride!

Mike