mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Aggressor fork upgrade questions!

Is there anybody out there with a 2009 or older gt aggressor that's riding on 100mm travel forks. My 2008 has suntour forks with 65mm travel. And I am told that increasing more than 20mm from stock will change the head angle too much for steering and safety reasons I suppose.

Any advice is appreciated. Let me know what your fork setup is on your aggressor! Especially those 2009 or later since their original fork travel is less than current models.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    hey i have an aggressor xc2 09, it originally came with 120mm sr suntour forks which were rubbish, it now has rockshox revelation rlt 140, they are slightly taller but the axle to crown length is not alot of difference

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the info. I'm hearing that +20mm travel to the fork shouldn't affect it much. Finding info about the axle to crown length for the forks im looking at is difficult.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just ordered rockshox xc32 tk 80mm travel! Will update once installed

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    good stuff look forward to seeing them on the bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    any pictures yet..?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawbs96 View Post
    any pictures yet..?
    It's out for delivery right now. Shipment was delayed because of 4th of July,but I should have pictures by the end of the week. I will probably have a shop install it for me tomorrow or Thursday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Can you share where did you buy it from and how much did you get it for?

And can you please tell me what is wrong with the original fork? I'm getting my GT Aggressor 1.0, but I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Spiritfly: I bought it online at blueskycycling.com for $155 plus shipping. The suntour m2025 fork that came on my 2008 aggressor just wasn't nice and eventually locked up. Haven't got my bike from the shop yet but the fork was much beefier than the suntour.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Aggressor fork upgrade questions!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342621559.173657.jpg
    Haven't gotten to a trail yet but they definitely feel a lot nicer and the adjustments all work nicely from what I've been able to test around the house.
    Very pleased so far

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Aggressor fork upgrade questions!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342621745.807512.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Very nice bet it has really made a difference
    not to hi jack the thread but here is a before and after of mine-
    Before-

After-

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Nice bike dawbs96! Yes it's been a nice upgrade from the original fork. So far I really like it, it's made rocky/bumpy portions of trails much more bearable. The fork seems to be very strong as well. Very happy with upgrade choice so far

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Glad you like it! makes a big difference
    cheers Dawbs96