Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Fat on Willand Pond

2014 GT Sensor and Force 27.5

Nice product coming out of the GT camp for next year! 130mm Sensor and 150mm Force, both in carbon...get ready!

Fresh Product: 2014 GT Sensor and Force 27.5 | Flow Mountain Bike
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    That is one strangest looking suspension designs. I've never seen anything like it.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Force might be my next bike.

mtbr member

Pretty slick!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Supposedly there is a third bike as well, a 160mm bike that they aren't unveiling just yet which is their enduro bike. Anyone know any more about that one ?

mtbr member
    I would like the 160 enduro. I'm wondering if there will be a frame only option for these bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I am hoping that this is still coming out, probaly the 160 bike like a new Sanction?
    Dan Atherton's Prototype GT Enduro Bike - Pinkbike
    It seemed too developed to be scrapped for what the new force is. Also has a lot of features the new force is missing like ISCG and piggyback shock room.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    A 26" hardtail would be great........
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

rebmem rbtm
    They should re-name the new ones as RTS-I drive

The would've just put the BB right in that link 18 years ago and it would have been a revolution! lol

mtbr member

Hope to see some rider impressions and reviews. Hopefully this design loses the stupid creaks and the constant loosening of the pivot bolts. They look sweet would love to test ride the carbon team force.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Videos on the new GT bike's suspension design...

Angle Optimized Suspension - YouTube

AOS Suspension Technology - YouTube

I'm with stupid
    I pray for zero creaks since my sanction always is in need of some love to keep it from sounding like hell.

fashion ho
    The new suspension is intriguing. Not sure if I'll like the crank/pedals moving backwards that much under compression, but I bet it makes the bike manual like a hardtail.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Or a refined version of this in 27.5!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    The new suspension is intriguing. Not sure if I'll like the crank/pedals moving backwards that much under compression, but I bet it makes the bike manual like a hardtail.
    Yes, I noticed that as well. That looked like a crazy amount of crank movement! My knees would not like that...
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    You don't feel it one bit when riding it. My buddy has a current model Sensor 9r and it's stinking nice! The new one being lower and slacker will only make it better. the iDrive is wild when you're climbing because your mass actually shifts backwards a bit when the suspension compresses on technical stuff so the traction literally digs in. A normal bike, the rear wheel is left to it's own devices but the iDrive actually borrows your body weight to assist in climbing traction. Lots going on with that design and most of it's good Only draw backs to me about HIS bike is frame weight and it's pretty loud. Lots of squeaks from the pivots but that could be down to his maintenance, or lack thereof. If the new frame addresses those two issues I'd have to think about a 650b version pretty hard, UNLESS Knolly's secret bike is a carbon 650b. A plastic, 650b Knolly or GT could possibly be joining my Prime in the garage next summer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    You don't feel it one bit when riding it. My buddy has a current model Sensor 9r and it's stinking nice! The new one being lower and slacker will only make it better. the iDrive is wild when you're climbing because your mass actually shifts backwards a bit when the suspension compresses on technical stuff so the traction literally digs in. A normal bike, the rear wheel is left to it's own devices but the iDrive actually borrows your body weight to assist in climbing traction. Lots going on with that design and most of it's good Only draw backs to me about HIS bike is frame weight and it's pretty loud. Lots of squeaks from the pivots but that could be down to his maintenance, or lack thereof. If the new frame addresses those two issues I'd have to think about a 650b version pretty hard, UNLESS Knolly's secret bike is a carbon 650b. A plastic, 650b Knolly or GT could possibly be joining my Prime in the garage next summer
    I have ridden an old Sensor 26 and was blown away by the suspension performance. I don't remember it having any crank movement like that! I just can't believe that you could not feel that level of crank movement.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

fashion ho
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    I have ridden an old Sensor 26 and was blown away by the suspension performance. I don't remember it having any crank movement like that! I just can't believe that you could not feel that level of crank movement.
    I have a Distortion 1.0. The crank movement is about 3/8" throughout the suspension travel (112mm). I can't see it moving much more than 1/2" on longer-travel cousins (current Sanction/Force).

With AOS, it looks like the crank moves back at least an inch and half on the CAD model shown in the video. Apparently it works well enough for Dan Atherton and Hans Rey so I'm not questioning its effectiveness. But I am speculating it's gonna feel a little weird until you get used to it.

I am still interested in trying it, though. If I'm seeing it right, the motion of your legs will be much more efficiently transferred to the bike when you do bunnyhops and manuals.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    These 2 bikes cannot be released soon enough for me. Does anyone know if these are coming out this year , or are they being released in 2014?

mtbr member

Ya I second that release date and prices?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    that black/white/gold paint job on the Sensor Carbon Team makes that bike gorgeous. I know getting a bike for the paint job/looks is silly but come on, it's so damn pretty!!

mtbr member
    I can't get over the resurgence GT is making. I first fell in love with GT back int he LTS days, but the past couple of years have been...well not so impressive. But you can see them gearing up and kick ass, and its about time. I think the Distortion was the first signs of it, but they're going full tilt now. That blue and white Sensor looks just amazing, and I have no doubts it will ride even better than it looks.
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    That Sensor looks like a serious contender to join my Xizang 9r. That or the Santacruz Solo. The Sensor will be available from september onward, the Force from january.
    I've been on the Sensor 9r for a couple of rides and that bike was awesome. Only drawback : it's big as a truck. Once you riding it you don't feel it but you need a ladder to get on it. With the medium wheelsize that should be better.
    Now I need to go and see my friend Mark M., maybe he already has one of the new Sensors in his truck.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast