mtbr member
    Aug 2012

2013 Force Carbon Pro frameset

I'm in California (US), anyone know of a way to get the 2013 Force Carbon Pro frameset only? Buddy is asking me to build a bike for him and has asked me to see how I might procure one of those.

Tricky ways of buying somehow?
    Thanks!!
    2013 Force Carbon Pro frameset-g13_forcfrm_raw_41.jpg

mtbr member
    Yes. Here is the Canadian version of GT's website. The frame-only is apparently being sold in select countries. Contact a Canadian dealer and buy.

All-Mountain Bikes / Mountain Bikes / GT Bicycles

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
    Yes. Here is the Canadian version of GT's website. The frame-only is apparently being sold in select countries. Contact a Canadian dealer and buy.

All-Mountain Bikes / Mountain Bikes / GT Bicycles
    Nah. Their site only lists the 2014 models in all country sites. Figured someone might know of a website selling just the 2013 frame

mtbr member
    Oh sorry. I ignored the 2013 part.

Have you spoken to any GT dealers or a rep from GT?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
    Oh sorry. I ignored the 2013 part.

Have you spoken to any GT dealers or a rep from GT?
    Not yet. Based on other threads/forums, GT seems to have a stick up their a$$ on most of their products in the U.S. For a reason that makes no sense to me either, not sure why you build and hold inventory of a product but only offer it to specific regions of the world. Makes no business/consumer sense to me. I'll have to ask around to some dealers to see if there's any strings that can be pulled.

Maybe there's a GT dealer/rep on this forum?!?!? Hit me up ASAP!!!! Will buy immediately and pay cash!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Called a few dealers here locally in the Bay area, and none are willing to call GT for me to special order. I contacted GT directly and they told me "Please contact your local GT Dealer and have them contact GT Dealer Service via telephone to look for the size and spec you're interested in."

Going in circles basically. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Maybe a German/European website they know of that sells GT framesets?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Going in circles basically. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Maybe a German/European website they know of that sells GT framesets?
    Sorry you're getting blown off by both GT and their dealers. All you want to do is give them $$. Bike Shop | Europe's No.1 Online Bike Retailer | Bikester.com maybe. I don't know of any other European websites to try, but maybe you could contact a dealer in Canada and see if could order and ship you a frame. You might have to ask GT for a Canadian dealer list. Seems hopeless...I know. I'm going through a similar issue with Felt. The factory and the dealers couldn't give a s**t.

Perhaps bad-mouthing GT on their facebook page might get their attention. You're not the only one looking for frame-only in the US. Good luck...keep us posted on your search.

Edit: Try contacting Jenson. They sell some GT bikes and a lot of other frames. Maybe they could do a special order for you.
    Jenson USA - Online mountain & road bike parts, clothing and accessories shop

mtbr member

They were not brought to the us.
    Last edited by GTR2ebike; 01-21-2014 at 05:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

OP...any luck finding this frameset? I'm looking for one myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaznjoe View Post
    OP...any luck finding this frameset? I'm looking for one myself.
    Yes and no. I was contacted by a guy in NY who was selling his Pro complete, but it was used and I had some concerns with the frame, and the asking price for frame vs. complete was way too high. Don't waste your time trying to go through GT or a dealer, they won't be able to help as the bike isn't made anymore and they simply won't sell it to the US. The guy who contacted me was friends with someone who worked for Dorel, so that was the only way he came across the bike.

He ended up just selling the complete this week on ebay for $1830.

Keep in mind, the Sport, Expert, and Pro and the exact same frame, it's only the components which change the price. Since I only wanted the frame, I bought a brand new Force Carbon Sport for $1900 and will part out the comp's. JUst keep an eye on ebay, there's always a few for sale on there. Your chances of coming across a Pro like I did are slim to none, be open to the Sport and Expert if it's the frameset that's important to you.

mtbr member
    If you are in the Bay Area, try out Fast Bicycle in San Jose. I bought my thru-axle dropouts for my Force through them. I even asked if I could buy a Distortion frame through him, and he said yes.

Fast Bicycle - North Valley - San Jose, CA

Word of warning. These guys either will carry the world for you or blow you off depending on the tides or celestial alignment. Be patient hahaha. Best to come in person.

Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the update chrisingrassia.

Thanks for the lead Bryan. I'll try your suggestion if I commit to this frame. I'm still searching/deciding.