Sneaker man
    good luck BH, hope you can work it out
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Have you bought anything from them?If so,how did you pay for it?I cant find a site other than their facebook page.
    Anyways,they say they can get me one in 16.5.There are some "red flags" i have.A.They never say GT xizang in their response.It's xizang built bike.B.The price and shipping quote is a really good deal.(almost to good to be true).C.The Philappines is the world capital for GT fakes.Almost all of the GT fakes Ive seen in the past few years have come from there.
    I have sent a e mail to GT,posted on their facebook page,and PMed Jason over at the fanclub page to see if it is a legit source.Expect to get blown off by GT,so Ill see what Jason says.
    If I can get a REAL xizang at that price,Im in.
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

mtbr member
    I bought my 2 GT Avalanches from Cycle Art a year and a half ago. They don't specialize on online sales. They dont have a website. And they are an established Bicycle Store in the middle of the grey market capital of the Philippines = Quiapo. But I physically go to their store and I deal directly with Maam Arlene. She takes very good care of me. I always ask her "is this fake" before I buy anything. She always gives me a truthful answer. Their store sells some fake stuff to market to the people who can't afford real branded goods. For the 2 cents its worth, I found out that Maam Arlene coincidentally goes to the same Christian Church I go to 2 months AFTER I bought my pair of bikes. So we have an even better working relationship and trust now.

Yes its true the Philippines has tons of fake GTs and other brands. So its very important to be cautious.

How much did they quote you for the Xizang?

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    $1,866.25 for the frame and (est.) $71.78 for shipping. Don't take any of this as a insult to either you or Cycle art.GT has blown me off on all three fronts(like I knew they would.But don't worry,there is a new picture of a bike for everyone to "like").Jason has sent a message to the market dept. So if it checks out that they can get and sell me a REAL GT xizang,Im all over it.Again,they never say GT xizang in their response.As bad as I want this,Im not going to give my cc numbers to just anyone.If I end up with a box of bricks,Im out 2k.

mtbr member
    The price sounds about right.. But I agree transparency is very important in online negotiations. They should be able to provide you a complete and clear description of the goods they want to sell.

By the way.. What city/country are you from? $71 dollars for shipping out a frame from the Philippines sounds too cheap.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Olympia,Washington USA.And Im sure that est.shipping would be more when it's all said and done.It was $95.00 to ship a bmx bike here from the UK.You are right on the description.That's a big loophole leaving out the GT brand.

Sneaker man
    thing that gets me, say this is a real bike, and lets just assume you can comfortably afford it. To me this is where GT USA go, cool you want that, they have it, they get the Philappines dealer to go pick it up, ship it back to the US and then sell it to you, and charge you for the trouble on top of the frame. I mean thats how I expect international compnies to operate. If you don't mind paying for it, we'll get it to you.

I wonder how many of these they actually made? I wonder how many 29ers as well? it doesn't seem a lot (not that that means anything, could be 100 or 1000)
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    In a perfect world,that's what would happen.It's the weekend,so I don't expect to hear anything until Monday.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Turns out that GT has never heard of these guy's and cannot in good conscience recommend I deal with them .

mtbr member
    Bummer... But I must agree with GT. Keep your money safe. International orders are an easy way to throw away hard earned dollars.

In CycleArt's defense, I was able to get a pair of great Avalanche 1.0's at a bargain (clearance of old stock). But I went to the store myself and dictated the bikes I wanted then saw them unboxed and assembled myself. My bikes are legit.

I paid in cash (Philipppine peso) to lock in the lowest discount.

In the end I got both bikes for less than $1000 USD.

Industry Loudmouth
    I have checked w/ my international sales team and they have informed me that the below distributors/regions have purchased 26" Xizang frames for sale within their regions:

RPJ (Japan)
    Wun Pang (Hong Kong)
    WWC (Thailand)
    HK (S.Korea)
    Faren (Philippines)

-ska todd

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    How do I contact them and buy one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd View Post
    I have checked w/ my international sales team and they have informed me that the below distributors/regions have purchased 26" Xizang frames for sale within their regions:

RPJ (Japan)
    Wun Pang (Hong Kong)
    WWC (Thailand)
    HK (S.Korea)
    Faren (Philippines)

-ska todd
    I'm from the Philippines and I've never heard of Faren. But then again Faren could just be the business name of an office.. And not have a retail outlet or show room for the public to access.

Could you please check the official distributor in Singapore? I have a friend who lives there and I hope I can get a Xizang from Singapore. Buying from Singapore is usually very safe. They've got seriously strict laws for crime and fraud.

Industry Loudmouth
    BH - PM me your email address and frame size. I'll put you in contact w/ someone from a distributor to try to assist.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Well my Xizang has been assembled last week and rode a very muddy tour last sunday. Very nice bike. Will try to post pic later

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd View Post

RPJ (Japan)
    Wun Pang (Hong Kong)
    WWC (Thailand)
    HK (S.Korea)
    Faren (Philippines)

-ska todd
    Well Todd as usual we need to take what you say with a grain of salt....this just in from the folks at Riteway-Japan....

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.
    We don't have 26" wheel Xizang frames and we can't ship a product to USA.
    Sorry,we can not help you.

Best Regards.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    ライトウェイプロダクツジャパン株式会社
    貴家 理允/SASUGA YOSHINOBU
    mailto: rpj-info@riteway-jp.com
    TEL: 03-5950-6002
    FAX: 03-5956-8028
    URL: ??????-RPJ??????
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Sneaker man
    Would have been nice if they had of done it like Ritchey did with the P-Team, they weren't going to bring any in to the US, but when people asked after them, they did bring in a limited amount.

There are what, 4 people in this thread who would have bought one, I don't know what the production run was (29 and 26) and if there are 4 then there is probably more. Maybe they just got worried aftert hezaskar reissue didn't sell straight away, but then it was the same old story, I wanted one, couldn't buy one retail, just pure luck I stumbled onto wiggle that had them on sale.
    I mean I had the cash in had to buy one, but just gave up and bought an old one.
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    I asked him about it twice on twitter and he gave me the GT blowoff.It's been nothing but one nightmare after another over the last three years trying to buy ANYTHING from GT.Every e mail,tweet,and facebook post I have sent their way has been blatantly ignored and typed around.
    Seriously,this stupidity only keeps going as long as I keep coming back for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i like it

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Looking for a Real XiZang?

I have a 96 XiZang I think I'm going to sell. 18" frame. Excellent ride! I always told myself I'd keep for the rest of my life, but I just don't ride as much anymore, and I think she'd rather be out on the trail than hanging in my garage. Other than the "Xi" sticker missing on one side of the bike (Damn moving company!), she's in beautiful shape.

I've not seen any posted prices on sold XiZang frames. This one is legendary. Serial number is GTX9690. Anyone got a suggestion on a price range I should be asking?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I would like to buy your xizang. What price did you had in mind? The whole bike or just frame?

Sneaker man
    the frames normally sell on ebay for around the $US1000. Depending on how many are about at the time, a little more or a little less.

anf you would be better off breaking up and selling the parts, xtr full bikes seem to sell for around the $15-1700 mark.
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Ah.Now if we could find a 26"

Sneaker man
    you think it will ever happen?
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue