mtbr member
    Apr 2011

2010 GT Marathon Carbon Team deal

Giantnerd just posted this deal on Twitter. Really one hell of a deal, and prices will likely drop in the next few weeks like they normally do at Giantnerd. Right now it sits at $2900 for the XTR and the same price for the SRAM equivalent. I posted the XTR link below.

http://www.giantnerd.com/2010-gt-mar...s-country.html
    Trek 69er SS (in progress), Trek Superfly, GT Force Carbon Expert, Trek Madone 6.2

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wow! That is one heck of a deal! I have the 2009 Team and is exactly the same as this one but the paint is yellow blue team colors. It weighs 24.5 lbs with heavy time alium pedals. If you can afford this deal, you will LOVE this bike. I know I love mine.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

May the Force be with you

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico
    You can find the bike brand new for cheaper than $2400 or the same price. Nice find though.
    Trek 69er SS (in progress), Trek Superfly, GT Force Carbon Expert, Trek Madone 6.2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmebob
    Giantnerd just posted this deal on Twitter. Really one hell of a deal, and prices will likely drop in the next few weeks like they normally do at Giantnerd. Right now it sits at $2900 for the XTR and the same price for the SRAM equivalent. I posted the XTR link below.

http://www.giantnerd.com/2010-gt-mar...s-country.html
    I just ordered a Force Carbon Expert and was able to ask for a little discount. I hope they don't lower their price in a few weeks. If they do, would they price protect me?/ I wounder. I haven't gotten the bike yet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerod87
    I just ordered a Force Carbon Expert and was able to ask for a little discount. I hope they don't lower their price in a few weeks. If they do, would they price protect me?/ I wounder. I haven't gotten the bike yet.
    Price protection, no. They dropped the price on my 2009 Force Expert by $500 2 weeks later and did not offer any compensation, which is understandable since their prices are already the best around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Bikes Direct has the 2010 Carbon Force Expert for $2.2K - free shipping and no tax, XS, S & Large. They also have the Force 1.0 in XS, S and XL.for $1.6K http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...bon_expert.htm

I went to a local Performance store and rode a Large Force 2.0 and it just seemed a little small, I'm 6'1", but I prefer the XL. I just ordered the last XL Sensor 2.0 in the country from Performance today, Nashbar price match and double points this month at Perf. on GT this month made it 1.5K + the $300 store credit, too good of a deal to pass up.
    I'll be on this forum regurlarly once I get it next week start dialing it in.