Tire Geek O_o

New question here. 2010/2011 GT Ruckus 7 1.0/2.0 frame sets?

Hi there I am considering getting a longer travel bike, not yet 200mm, but 180mm definitely, I have a crush with the 2010 Giant Faiths, but I just recently discovered the GT Ruckus 7, and I love the 2.0 looks, and my brother would like to get a GT ruckus 1.0, without partin with his own pieces and bits from his Boot´r.

is it possible to get framesets for the Ruckus???

i would also appreciate any first hand experiences and reviews about these bikes =)

thanks in advance for any info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

one more plug...

Contact Ryan @ Schwagg, great guy, hooked me up with a 2011 Ruckus 7 frameset:

http://www.schwagstores.com/

I'm still piecing it together and making final tweaks, but I can say from the limited driveway pedaling experience that it feels fantastic - angles with a Totem feel slack enough to handle any DH I can dish out, and with a Joplin seatpost fully extended I can still pedal it up.

I'm in the process of rigging up a front derailleur for it, couldn't bring myself to go with a Hammerschmidt. I'll post some pics & review once I've had a chance to get it dirty.

I can say from years of iDrive use that if this is your first one, it probably won't be the last - I have yet to ride anything else that isolates the suspension and drivetrain so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nGoqF7CNR8

Tire Geek O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.
    Contact Ryan @ Schwagg, great guy, hooked me up with a 2011 Ruckus 7 frameset:

I can say from years of iDrive use that if this is your first one, it probably won't be the last - I have yet to ride anything else that isolates the suspension and drivetrain so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nGoqF7CNR8
    Eric thanks for the reply, ill drop them an Email and ask about it.

This would not be the first GT bike in the family, my dad currently owns a GT Force 3 (2008) , I was in love with the maestro suspension, and have always remained faithful to giant since then, but I also love GT IDrive system, thats why I find myself wondering which I like the most, the Faith or the Ruckus, my brother definitely wants a Ruckus one way or another,

we´ll see about that!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Eric, PICTURES!
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

Tire Geek O_o
    yeah pictures would be nice!

do you guys think the Ruckus can handle a double crown Marzocchi 888???