Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 GT Bikes!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2009 GT Bikes!!

I figured I start a thread with a couple of the new 09 bikes. Man, do they look good! I was going to get an 08 sanction 1.0 but I'm glad I waited!

09 Carbon Force

Zaskar 9r

Sanction 1.0

All the info and pictures are from here http://bikemag.com/news/freshproduce...gno/index.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    No love for the 09 GTs?

mtbr member
    The carbon Force looks pretty nice. None that different to look at than 08 but they are good looking bikes anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    09 Carbon GT fury. replacing the DHi.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I saw the furry on another post, looks pretty sick. I wonder how they are going to spec the force for 09. They said the sanction 1.0 is getting all saint stuff, hopefully the weight doesn't go up to much.

I wouldn't mind picking up their new SS/fixie either!

mtbr member
    any leads on the marathon series?

mtbr member
    I thought this would be the year they woould bring back a good old chromoly hardtail for us old timers aka Karakoram, Bravado or Psyclone type. (not a Peace multi either). Everybody else is selling out their hardtail steel bikes.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    i say hello to carbon and aluminum and goodbye to steel i personally dont like the look of the peace gimme a big fat chunky aluminum or CF anyday

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    i say hello to carbon and aluminum and goodbye to steel i personally dont like the look of the peace gimme a big fat chunky aluminum or CF anyday

liam, let me guess you probably weren't born when this sport started and have probably never taken the opportunity to ride a GOOD steel frame?

mtbr member
    yes your right, i realize that there are benefits of steel and good steelies ride very well (having ridden a few)

but from a looks point of view i really dont like steel - i find their retro look URGH compared to a nice chunky CF frame

mtbr member
    Nice bikes, what wheels are the carbon fiber Force Pro using? can anyone see that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P.
    Nice bikes, what wheels are the carbon fiber Force Pro using? can anyone see that?
    Mavic Crossmax but I donít know which one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Any pics of the new Peace?

mtbr member
    STW seems to have some nicer pics of the bikes and GT seems to be going in the right direction with the internal gear cables IMO.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/

mtbr member
    Appears as though Peterman and Co. did a great job on these models can't wait to see the rest.

Sneaker man
    looks to me like gt have done a good job af making desirable bike once again, the sort of bike that I WANT to own...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Are there any photos of the 09' road bikes?

mtbr member

Only found a cross bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git
    looks to me like gt have done a good job af making desirable bike once again, the sort of bike that I WANT to own...
    Agreed. I hope they now put some effort into expanding the dealer network and making amends with the dealers that got burned during the bankruptcy/buyout mess.

Flying Goat
    Posted the GT Fury on the DH/FR forum last month... that thing looks very sleek and clean... XD

Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    Wow, all these '09 bikes are looking sweet. I wish the LBS (only GT dealer around) would bring in some high end stuff.
    Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

mtbr member
    im sure they will if you ask them nicely and lay a large amount of cash on the table

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    I thought this would be the year they woould bring back a good old chromoly hardtail for us old timers aka Karakoram, Bravado or Psyclone type. (not a Peace multi either). Everybody else is selling out their hardtail steel bikes.
    I also would like to see some updated spec steel hardtails from GT. My first mountain bike was a 95 GT Timberline FS. a short time later I got a yellow 96 Karakoram. I liked the Timberline so much I still haven't built the Rak up.(10 years later. That's what working and being tired all the time will do for you. but now I'm kind of glad I didn't build it. Just about everything now is aluminum.I got a brand new 98 Marzocchi Z2 alloy for it. I rekindled my interest in bike building recently.Happy days are ahead. I'll always like GT, and remember when Richard Long, the founder of GT died with sadness. Long live GT.

Nice day for a ride..... Moderator
    im sure they will if you ask them nicely and lay a large amount of cash on the table

Thats just the the thing, I'm not laying out a huge amount of cash for a bike I can't even test ride. Seems like all the higher end bikes are becoming a "special order" item in this area. I'll stick to the tried and true GT hardtails for now, gotta love em.
    Bikin' Bric's Bike Blog

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fat Bike
    2016 Norco Torrent

mtbr member
    just go for it lol, ive done it twice now laying down roughly $10 000 in total, its a gamble but if you do enough homework you should be fine
    ive always been happy

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    before anyone gets too excited, I can tell you a few things: Sanction 1.0 MSRP is up $1k to $4300, the Force 1.0 is up $300 to $2999 and the Sanction 2.0 comes in purple. The '09 product information has already been entered into your computerized database we use for finding upc's and such at work, and I happenned to run across these tidbits.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Well, no one has mentioned it, but I for one am pretty excited about the Zaskar 9r, as I am looking for a 29er ht to race on next season.

However, I am disappointed to see the TN719 rim wheels as opposed to C29ssmax wheels - no serious racer is going to not run tubeless, and most people who have tried UST wheels know just how much easier it is to go tubeless with true UST. So, yes it would add to the cost, but since any serious racer is going to need to upgrade the wheels anyway, it would be cheaper if manufacturers would just spec decent tubeless racing wheels on racing bikes. The original cost would be higher, but the total cost would be less, as you don't have to pay for a bike with a set of cheaper wheels you don't need. This problem is not specific to GT or to 29er's - it is a problem with most every 2008 ht or short travel xc racing bike from almost every manufacturer. When will they realize it makes no sense to spec a bike designed for XC racing without true tubeless wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ70
    Well, no one has mentioned it, but I for one am pretty excited about the Zaskar 9r
    Have a little read through the 29er forum, there is quite a big thread there somewhere about the Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Awesome line up of bikes. the fury replacing the dhi looks awesome, don't know if i like the fact that its carbon though.

well i guess its good bye to the line of dhi's. despite all these new awesome designs, i still reckon the 05 DHi frame is the bomb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by peternguyen; 07-19-2008 at 07:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

09 gt road bike

It looks like GT has done an upgrade on their 09 road line. Check this out.
    Last edited by black cross; 07-20-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added photo

Sneaker man
    how well did the zaskar reissue sell? did it sell out?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git
    how well did the zaskar reissue sell? did it sell out?
    i believe so.

expect the zaskar to be very well equipped this season. i know for sure that the avalanche 1 will be upgraded with xt shadow RD at no additional cost. rumours are that the pro is going to run xtr ......just leaves the question what will the team run? sram? or will their be a team?

Sneaker man
    yeah i thought so, and was just thinking, looking back through the thread, a few would like ye oldie hardtails (streel and the like) that maybe after the zaskar re-issue was a bit of a hit, they may do more stuff... i know i would to like that, its not like i don't like new studff the carbon zaskar is great and i like the FS bikes too.... just like a bit of retro nostaliga too...

Awesome not Rad

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    before anyone gets too excited, I can tell you a few things: Sanction 1.0 MSRP is up $1k to $4300, the Force 1.0 is up $300 to $2999 and the Sanction 2.0 comes in purple. The '09 product information has already been entered into your computerized database we use for finding upc's and such at work, and I happenned to run across these tidbits.
    Yea, they call it inflation... raw materials are way up and everything is going to start to get more expensive. My bud works for a footwear company and they too have been wit with material and labor upcharges for items coming out of Asia. On some of their products, they have cut their own margins and on other products, they simply cannot afford to absorb the costs themselves and pass it on to the consumer. He mentioned 20%-30% materials increases.

mtbr member
    i wouldnt be expecting another zaskar reissue - i dare say that gt will have some more retro styled bikes along the range but a reissue zaskar again i doubt.

i know already that the cromoly SS Ruckus [UF i believe?] will have hydraulic brakes this year so its definitely a keeper so i would be expecting a few more since this years have obviously gone well

Sneaker man
    no i meant pyclone karakoram, xizang, etc etc...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Folks,

Has anyone seen or heard any more on what the spec is going to be on the Team models of the Marathon and Zaskar? Given the high level of the Pro they must be something special.

mtbr member
    well yeah im asking the same question, if the pro is going xtr their could be two options.

1. the team edition is going walkies and wont return for this coming season, hence the GT team either using custom bikes or the Pro

or

2. the team will be running a full SRAM XO buildup, something i highly doubt, not the fact that its SRAM [BTW i am devoted to sram] but just that XO is only sram's equivalent to xtr so making a team edition running the same level is pointless.

or i suppose that their could potentially be some super doper running gear that hasn't been released and we havent been exposed to just yet.......but personally im thinking number 1 to be the deal

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    here ya go.....top of the range GTR Team...forwarded by a friend

mtbr member
    ^^^ mixed reactions. number 1 being YUCK! and number to is "How the frick am i going to sell these things?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    doesn't sound like a mixed reaction to me ....sounds like you should not be selling GT... and "two" is spelled "two" when referred to as the number 2 in written form....not "to"

Awesome not Rad

New question here.

^^^ mixed reactions. number 1 being YUCK! and number to is "How the frick am i going to sell these things?
    What does YUCK really mean? Are consumers in your store bothered by the paint job or ?

number "to" - why would they be hard to sell? Is it the paint job or is the spec, weight and price not competative? Who offers a compairable yet better bike for the buck in your shop?

mtbr member
    ok from my experiance.

gt road bikes never sold particularly well anyway, even though they are great value [ a value conscious buyer will note that GT roadies are excellent value and usually come spec'd above competing range's]

i strongly put the YUCK down to the appearance, yes we all say it - its not how it looks its how it rides, but as i said from my experiences i find that people dont always look at a bike that way especially when they are spending several thousand dollars on it. the color highlights on this bike for me are a bit far out, ive found that bright roadies dont sell as well as bikes with a more simple paint job, dark colors or an unobtrusive blue or red seem to sell well.

personally where road bikes are concerned i think TREK make some very well equipped, very easily sold bikes. but just my observations you may have complete different reactions in your area

and can people stop bloody cracking the "to" the ONLY people who can comment on that is those who have NEVER sent a txt or email with two written as 2 or to :P

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Any info on the '09 Peace?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    personally i like the look of that bike the integrated seat tube is the only thing that is slightly off. When bikes are all the same looking it gets hard to sell cause costumers get bored.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

2009 GT Zaskar 9r ?

I thought I read somewhere that 2009 GT Zaskar 9r will not be available in the US. Does anyone here know if this is true or not?

Thanks....HICH

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ok, so the Zaskar 9R is not coming to the U.S. market.....at least not any time soon.....so who in the UK or anywhere else is selling this puppy? I want one real bad! Maybe a Christmas gift from me to me.

M_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Seems odd to me, I thought the US was mor einto the 29er thing than Europe?

Also too bad about having to jump to carbon for any zaskar above SLX/Recon fork...but there's always framesets I guess.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I wonder what happened to the Sanction 3.0 for '09? I guess I own a rarity now...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It is sold in Germany for example:

http://www.gtbicycles.com/deu/eng/Pr...spension/#5820

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast