Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009 GT Bikes!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2009 GT Bikes!!

I figured I start a thread with a couple of the new 09 bikes. Man, do they look good! I was going to get an 08 sanction 1.0 but I'm glad I waited!

09 Carbon Force

Zaskar 9r

Sanction 1.0

All the info and pictures are from here http://bikemag.com/news/freshproduce...gno/index.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    No love for the 09 GTs?

mtbr member
    The carbon Force looks pretty nice. None that different to look at than 08 but they are good looking bikes anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    09 Carbon GT fury. replacing the DHi.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I saw the furry on another post, looks pretty sick. I wonder how they are going to spec the force for 09. They said the sanction 1.0 is getting all saint stuff, hopefully the weight doesn't go up to much.

I wouldn't mind picking up their new SS/fixie either!

mtbr member
    any leads on the marathon series?

mtbr member
    I thought this would be the year they woould bring back a good old chromoly hardtail for us old timers aka Karakoram, Bravado or Psyclone type. (not a Peace multi either). Everybody else is selling out their hardtail steel bikes.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    i say hello to carbon and aluminum and goodbye to steel i personally dont like the look of the peace gimme a big fat chunky aluminum or CF anyday

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    i say hello to carbon and aluminum and goodbye to steel i personally dont like the look of the peace gimme a big fat chunky aluminum or CF anyday

liam, let me guess you probably weren't born when this sport started and have probably never taken the opportunity to ride a GOOD steel frame?

mtbr member
    yes your right, i realize that there are benefits of steel and good steelies ride very well (having ridden a few)

but from a looks point of view i really dont like steel - i find their retro look URGH compared to a nice chunky CF frame

mtbr member
    Nice bikes, what wheels are the carbon fiber Force Pro using? can anyone see that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P.
    Nice bikes, what wheels are the carbon fiber Force Pro using? can anyone see that?
    [SIZE=2]Mavic Crossmax but I donít know which one.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Any pics of the new Peace?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]STW seems to have some nicer pics of the bikes and GT seems to be going in the right direction with the internal gear cables IMO.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Appears as though Peterman and Co. did a great job on these models can't wait to see the rest.

Sneaker man
    looks to me like gt have done a good job af making desirable bike once again, the sort of bike that I WANT to own...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Are there any photos of the 09' road bikes?

mtbr member

Only found a cross bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git
    looks to me like gt have done a good job af making desirable bike once again, the sort of bike that I WANT to own...
    Agreed. I hope they now put some effort into expanding the dealer network and making amends with the dealers that got burned during the bankruptcy/buyout mess.

Flying Goat
    Posted the GT Fury on the DH/FR forum last month... that thing looks very sleek and clean... XD

Nice day for a ride.....
    Wow, all these '09 bikes are looking sweet. I wish the LBS (only GT dealer around) would bring in some high end stuff.

mtbr member
    im sure they will if you ask them nicely and lay a large amount of cash on the table

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    I thought this would be the year they woould bring back a good old chromoly hardtail for us old timers aka Karakoram, Bravado or Psyclone type. (not a Peace multi either). Everybody else is selling out their hardtail steel bikes.
    I also would like to see some updated spec steel hardtails from GT. My first mountain bike was a 95 GT Timberline FS. a short time later I got a yellow 96 Karakoram. I liked the Timberline so much I still haven't built the Rak up.(10 years later. That's what working and being tired all the time will do for you. but now I'm kind of glad I didn't build it. Just about everything now is aluminum.I got a brand new 98 Marzocchi Z2 alloy for it. I rekindled my interest in bike building recently.Happy days are ahead. I'll always like GT, and remember when Richard Long, the founder of GT died with sadness. Long live GT.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    im sure they will if you ask them nicely and lay a large amount of cash on the table

Thats just the the thing, I'm not laying out a huge amount of cash for a bike I can't even test ride. Seems like all the higher end bikes are becoming a "special order" item in this area. I'll stick to the tried and true GT hardtails for now, gotta love em.

mtbr member
    just go for it lol, ive done it twice now laying down roughly $10 000 in total, its a gamble but if you do enough homework you should be fine
    ive always been happy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast