mtbr member
    Jul 2011

2009 Avalanche Expert vs. 2010 Avalanche 1.0 Disc

I've found both of these bikes for very good prices (610 and 550) respectively and have been torn between the two for the last month or so.

The only real difference in spec seems to be the Avid Juicy 3 brakes and slightly better forks on the Expert. It's been recommended to me that air shocks are they way forward, so if I upgrade that maybe a mute point.

The other major difference for me, that is entirely vain I realise, is that I prefer the paint colour on the 1.0 Disc!

Am I missing a trick? Which should I buy? Are the newer bikes any better than the higher spec bike a year older?

Thanks for any help and opinions.

Henry - Brighton

Huckin' trails
    The new bike isn't really better that much, unless they get totally redesign or the spec have completely changed...

But if you prefer the paint jb on the 1.0 disc, you have a point there... if you think that having a better bike is better then having a bike you like more, its your call... I personally bought mine primary based on the paint job... but if you can get the 1.0 disc and get the money left to upgrade the parts and sale the old ones, then you have a deal... Take a demo ride if you can to be sure what you really like.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!