mtbr member
    Mar 2016

2004 GT I-Drive 2.0 questions

I recently acquired a 04 I-drive Adventure Series 2.0 from a good friend of mine who upgraded to a 2016 Specialized Stump jumper FSR.

From everything I have read I know the bike is heavy (weighs 34.2lbs on my scale with the spare pump) so what are the correct areas I should look at to shave a few pounds, handle bars seem like he easiest way, look like they are 25.4mm. Are there any other upgrades I should look at in general on the bike?

Excited to be back on a GT, in my youth I had a GT Performer Freestyle bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    It appears a 2.1 tire will fit with no issues, what is the widest tire I can put on?

What version is the idrive if I have to source parts?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Someone just put up I drive parts on ebay not sure of what fits your 2004. But if it has dog bone get a spare.
    Tires vary from one manufacture to another quite a bit. So its a crap shoot without someone measuring their tire for you.
    BTW there is an idrive thread on this forum post there if someone subscribes it will show on there email of new post.
    There is not alot action on this forum unfortunately, even shows like 25 people viewing all the time.
    These bikes have following. A decent return when you might to upgrade, I wouldn't sink a ton of money trying to lighten it up as, the parts will fit that bike and not a bike you might to upgrade later. Alot of people say their ebay carbon bars and seat posts worked out well, stems don't offer much weight savings.Some old seats weighted a ton as well . Oodles of them on ebay but read up on seat bones to get right fit.

mtbr member
    I found GT support useless. I couldn't get spare parts from them directly. I ended up getting a flexbone/dogbone from this place in the UK. It took a long time to get but I didn't need it right away.
    Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes| Winstanleys Cycles

Parts on eBay are hit or miss on availability.