Thread: 2002 DHi

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

2002 DHi

I recently picked up a 2002 DHi Race from a friend of mine. I like the bike, but the frame is too small for me and is missing a shock mounting bolt (the threaded rod and 2 tapered nuts). I'd like to pick up the missing hardware while I'm looking for a new frame...any ideas where I should look (doesn't look like standard hardware store stuff)? Thanks.

Edit:

By playing around with the URL, I came across a parts list (the link from the GT site was incorrect):

http://www.gtbicycles.com/GTCMS/tech...Parts_List.pdf

The parts apparently are the bottom shock nut: G24006/ATINT0012 supplied by ATI and the bottom shock stud, which is part of the GT part number and ATI number ATIOT0307. Still trying to find a source.
    Last edited by ebarker9; 03-29-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarker9
    I recently picked up a 2002 DHi Race from a friend of mine. I like the bike, but the frame is too small for me and is missing a shock mounting bolt (the threaded rod and 2 tapered nuts). I'd like to pick up the missing hardware while I'm looking for a new frame...any ideas where I should look (doesn't look like standard hardware store stuff)? Thanks.

Edit:

By playing around with the URL, I came across a parts list (the link from the GT site was incorrect):

http://www.gtbicycles.com/GTCMS/tech...Parts_List.pdf

The parts apparently are the bottom shock nut: G24006/ATINT0012 supplied by ATI and the bottom shock stud, which is part of the GT part number and ATI number ATIOT0307. Still trying to find a source.
    There is nothing worse than riding a bike that the frame is too small. My suggestion would be to fix it and sell it.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    There is nothing worse than riding a bike that the frame is too small. My suggestion would be to fix it and sell it.
    That's the plan. Originally I was going to fix it and tool around on it for a couple of weeks while I ordered a new frame, but now I may just get an entirely new bike. Still would be nice to have that hardware though.