Thread: 2002 DHi

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

2002 DHi

I recently picked up a 2002 DHi Race from a friend of mine. I like the bike, but the frame is too small for me and is missing a shock mounting bolt (the threaded rod and 2 tapered nuts). I'd like to pick up the missing hardware while I'm looking for a new frame...any ideas where I should look (doesn't look like standard hardware store stuff)? Thanks.

Edit:

By playing around with the URL, I came across a parts list (the link from the GT site was incorrect):

http://www.gtbicycles.com/GTCMS/tech...Parts_List.pdf

The parts apparently are the bottom shock nut: G24006/ATINT0012 supplied by ATI and the bottom shock stud, which is part of the GT part number and ATI number ATIOT0307. Still trying to find a source.
    Last edited by ebarker9; 03-29-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarker9
    I recently picked up a 2002 DHi Race from a friend of mine. I like the bike, but the frame is too small for me and is missing a shock mounting bolt (the threaded rod and 2 tapered nuts). I'd like to pick up the missing hardware while I'm looking for a new frame...any ideas where I should look (doesn't look like standard hardware store stuff)? Thanks.

Edit:

By playing around with the URL, I came across a parts list (the link from the GT site was incorrect):

http://www.gtbicycles.com/GTCMS/tech...Parts_List.pdf

The parts apparently are the bottom shock nut: G24006/ATINT0012 supplied by ATI and the bottom shock stud, which is part of the GT part number and ATI number ATIOT0307. Still trying to find a source.
    There is nothing worse than riding a bike that the frame is too small. My suggestion would be to fix it and sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    There is nothing worse than riding a bike that the frame is too small. My suggestion would be to fix it and sell it.
    That's the plan. Originally I was going to fix it and tool around on it for a couple of weeks while I ordered a new frame, but now I may just get an entirely new bike. Still would be nice to have that hardware though.

Members who have read this thread: 0