Chamois Dropper

New question here. 2.35 Tire rub on Force swingarm ?

Has anyone else experienced this? It is only on the non-drive side. I am running Maxxis Ignitor 2.35, which are actually a pretty narrow 2.35 tire. I have checked everything and there is really nothing I can find that could be contributing to this. I measure about 8mm clearance on the drive side and about 7mm on the non-drive side. I'm not concerned about paint but I don't like the shiny aluminum underneath, I don't want to wear a thin spot in the swingarm. I noticed the bike was like this when I bought it,so I hit it with some white paint, assuming someone previously had run too wide a tire, but the spot came back. Everything is tight, dropouts hubs etc.
    Sorry about pic quality but I think you can see what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.35 Tire rub on Force swingarm ?-022.jpg  

2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    wheel flex i would say, and i would be checking my spokes.

mtbr member
    Weird. Running stock 2.4 ardent, no rub.

Chamois Dropper
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    wheel flex i would say, and i would be checking my spokes.
    Good call, spokes feel ok to me but I think I'll bring my wheel into my LBS and let them check it. thanks
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    This will be interesting I run Kenda 2.35 Nevegals and just picked up a 2011 Force. Once it gets here I will have to see if I need to run something else.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I would not worry. as alot us are using that size tire with out any issues. I have a 2.35 Hans dampf on the back of my sanction (same rear end between them and the force)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    I would not worry. as alot us are using that size tire with out any issues. I have a 2.35 Hans dampf on the back of my sanction (same rear end between them and the force)
    thank you