Thread: 1999 xcr 4000

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

1999 xcr 4000

im new to mtb'ing and just bought a used bike. i want to upgrade my wheel set and was wondering if these fit my bike.

Shimano Deore Disc Wheelset w/ Sun Rhyno Lite Rims
    32 Hole
    -14G spokes
    -Can be used with rim or disc brakes
    -Skewers includes

Weight: Front 1170g, Rear 1380g

Size: 26"

Rear Hub Spacing: 135 mm

Front Hub Spacing: 100 mm

they seem to be a great wheelset for the price but i cant figure out of they fit my bike.

THANKS!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yes they do. I had a 99 or 2000 as well. It was the flat black one. You should have the choice on that ride to use v-brakes or discs. The spacing is right so go get'em dude.

Jorge

Born to push....
    i also have a 1999 xcr 4000 an use similar wheels, i jus wish i could git a rear disc adaptor that would fit that year

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GT
    i also have a 1999 xcr 4000 an use similar wheels, i jus wish i could git a rear disc adaptor that would fit that year
    does that mean that if i upgrade the wheelset and decided i wanted to go with disc brakes in the back, i would have to find a rear disc adaptor specific to my bike which might be hard to find?

Sorry for the questions guys, but i would love to learn how to upgrade and fix stuff myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i have a 99 xcr 3000 and i upgraded the rear triangle to get rear disc compatibility.

i purchased a 2003 i-drive rear triangle on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/GT-I-drive-Rear-...QQcmdZViewItem