mtbr member
    May 2009

1998 GT Tequesta for men or women?

My friend is trying to sell me his mountain bike and doesn't know it's for men or women.
    Does anyone know that whether 1998 GT Tequesta was designed for men or/and women?
    PS, I AM AFRAID THAT THE FRAME WILL BREAK IF I RIDE A WOMEN'S BIKE TOO HARD CORE.

Awesome not Rad
    HARD CORE??
    It doesnt matter whether is is a ladies or mens frame, you should just go out and ride it "HARD CORE", please do us all a favor and allow natural selection to take course!

lets think about this a while....
    a used mid level mountain made 10 years ago.... Yea, go "HARD CORE"
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by summermick
    My friend is trying to sell me his mountain bike and doesn't know it's for men or women.
    Does anyone know that whether 1998 GT Tequesta was designed for men or/and women?
    PS, I AM AFRAID THAT THE FRAME WILL BREAK IF I RIDE A WOMEN'S BIKE TOO HARD CORE.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    haha... very funny

I called GT's costumer service, and they told me that the bike is for both men and women and they couldn't interpret my word, "Hard Core", but said a 130lb guy like me won't break it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Post some pictures man. You know, it's not the equipment that makes you go fast, or hard core. It's how you use the equipment. Tequesta is a good entry bike, so if your friend's Tequesta is in a decent shape (like shifts ok, brakes aren't completely worn out, wheels spin smoothly and no major dings), then coughing up $50 maybe worth it. I'd take that over Wal Mart bike that costs you $300 out the door and lasts one hard core ride if you are lucky. So bargain for it, ride it hard. When you have more $, upgrade it or get a new bike. Until then, Tequesta should serve you well (again, if it is in a decent condition). Post a pic!

mtbr member
    Let's put it this way....they never made a drop bar top tube or mixte/ ladies frame in the Tequesta model...so it's got a nutcracker top tube
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.