mtbr member
    Jul 2008

1996 Gt Question

I Am 6' 4 And 200 Lbs And Just Found A New Old Stock 1996 Gt Lts 1 19 INCH. Curious About Size. My Current Bike Is A 19.5 Trek 7000 Zx Frame And Works Ok. Does Gt Frames Run Smaller Or Bigger Than Others And Is Anyone Around My Height Ride A 19 Inch Usa Made Frame.

mtbr member
    20" would probably be a better size for you at 6'4". Can you test ride this 19 to see how it feels? Important thing to remeber is that GT's sizing is measured center of BB to center of top tube. Very important to check the serial number to confirm the size and make sure the seller isn't just measuring from the center of the BB to the top of the seat tube as many sellers that list GT's make this mistake.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey GM123, I'm in Waukesha, Wi. let me know if you wanna go for a ride during the week. I'm heading to Kettle tomorrow. Since I pay out of state fees I'll probably be out there all day. I'll probably go there during the week as well. I'm doing the Beat the Doc road ride on Wednesday out of the Bike Doctor shop and the chat ride out of transition cycles on thursdays. I don't know if you have the time to meet for a ride but if you do, I'll be here until May 15th then it's back to Okc, Oklahoma. Next weekend I'll be gone to Indiana to be with family. I'll see ya.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.