mtbr member
    Apr 2008

1995/96 gt team rts

Anyone that can help with better knowledge base than mine, i found a 1995/96 GT Team RTS in LA on craigslist, listed for $200, but the research that i did from bikepedia shows that the gt Team LTS and RTS, both where outfitted with full XTR groupo and high end parts, Hence the Team logo on the bike, but this bike does not have anything near the team Build so is it a good deal to take a chance on or should i get the serial # and research more and also the rear scock on the RTS cn it be upgraded to a better coil over, or a FOX Float or RISSE unit, thx for any insight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    1995 was the last year for the Team RTS, in 96 they were just RTS-1,2,3.
    You are correct in that the Team bike came loaded with high end parts. Full XTR, White Industries hubs laced to gold anno Mavic 217 rims, GT Titanium BB, Syncros stem and post, Titec Ti bar, Flite saddle, Judy SL long-travel fork (in 95 long travel = 75mm). The bike also came with Onza clipless pedals.
    Not sure if there are options on the rear shock. From what I remember, the weak link on those bikes was the pivots in the rocker itself. They would wear and get sloppy pretty fast.
    Hope that helps.

Sneaker man
    if you list up what it does have on it... stickers are pretty east to get, so it could be that someone has up-stickered it... or more likely some had the team, then at soem point bought a new frame and swapped all the tasty bits off and built the "old" bike up with any old crap. If thats the case, you are paying for the frame, if the former, your paying for maybe a big pile of crap...
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    thx for the help on that, it is a mute point the bike is too big for me and as best as i can guess the bike belongs to a kid and the mom was clueless about it which made me uneasy cause i am in SoCal and alot of bikes get stolen and this aslmost sounded like that, but hey i learned somethin about gt bikes, all is not lost

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    if it is too good to be true, then it is