mtbr member

A 1993 GT Psyclone in Team Scream needs........

a Fork in Team Scream.
    Also i need original decals.

pls pls help

there is a signature on the frame. anybody knows who could be this?
    you can tell that is a really good bike,when the name is written on the end of the top tube.

mtbr member
    Try "felzno" from eBay.com. His email is ps930@yahoo.com if he doesn't have them your only chance is to have them remade by someone. GT never stocked many extra decal sets for the Steel frames that were painted with clear coat over the decals. What felzno has is everything GT had in stock when they closed down in Santa Ana. GT may have used the same color downtube and seat stay decals on another model that year....Ricochet maybe...If he has that complete set you could at least get that much from him as originals and have to top tube decals remade. (check the yahoo groups for GT decals he has an album of photos there of everything he has). No fork yet, I'll let you know when it arrives.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Could be Mike King? He was rockin GT's back in '93.

Is there a clear coat on the frame? If so is the name under it?

Or it coulda just been some dude named Mike!
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

mtbr member
    who knows? I think that was talked about on a another forum already. Possible I guess although I don't think Mike was riding mountain yet by 93 maybe dabbling. HIs first year he raced about half the BMX calendar and some of the key mountain events. He was the first to use clipless pedals in a BMX race that one year. I know he raced in 94 cause his pic was on the cover of the Tech Shop catalog in 95. I don't recall ever seeing him ride a Psyclone either and I don't think he'd have ridden one that large.

mtbr member

mikes psyclone?

its a 18" frame its not so big.
    yesterday i wrote a pm with foto to mikes homepage. maybe he can say "that was may psy...."
    you can tell that is a really good bike,when the name is written on the end of the top tube.

mtbr member

Smile

Then you don't know Mike....he's not that big a guy. If he was riding an 18 it was mostly on the road

An 18" GT is a fairly large frame most of the people I know from 5'10 to about 6'1" ride 18" frame for xc riding so they have 2+ inches of clearance over the top tube.