mtbr member
    Oct 2007

130-140mm on an i-drive 4?

people are tossing pikes and revelations on regular trances left and right.. would the i-drive 4 take this? whats gt OK for the max fork length on the 07 idrive 4's?

mtbr member
    I asked at my LBS and was told on the ID 4 that a 120 mm fork would be about the most they would recommend. 140 mm would be too much.
    LIVE TO RIDE - RIDE TO LIVE

My gloves stink
    My buddy put a 140mm Fox on his ID4. He loves it, even though he never comes anywhere close using all the travel. He broke a weld where the top tube joins the head tube, which was probably the fork's fault- too much leverage. I warned him about that but does he listen to me? Noooo. GT warranted the frame even though if they had refused I wouldn't have blamed them. Even though the long fork raises the front of bike way up high, he uses a riser bar. Even though he never gets his wheels more than 2 inches off the ground, he uses heavy duty FR wheels that weigh a ton. Even though he spent $600 for the fork, he dropped a total for $120 for the wheels (the clearance rack at Performance.) What does he use this frankenbike for? XC RACING! And the guy actually wins his division!
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Imagine what he could do with the right XC setup. Wow.

My gloves stink
    Yeah, I know. At any rate, I think the idea fork for the ID4 would have adjustable travel in the 90-120 range.
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    just want to bump this thread- i have the 2007 I4, would it accept a longer shock also, thus, along with an longer fork, essentially convert the bike into an I5??? are the I4 and I5 frames different???