Dooosh!

08 GT Zaskar Expert

So I just picked up a frame off Ebay for 250 Bucks!! This frame is brand new and never ridden! Its going to be my summer build project. Any ideas on what to put on her?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    That depends on what you want the bike to be. If you want light expensive stuff I'd say XTR, or Sram X.0. Mavic Crossmax wheels, carbon handlebars and seatpost. If you don't have that kind of cash then go for LX and XT stuff which is still pretty good but not as expensive. It's all up to you. If I had the money I would go with XTR or XT. I love tubeless tires and wheels as well as disc brakes. Is the 08 expert the carbon or aluminum? You should post some pics before and after the build. I believe those frames are for a 100mm fork.

Dooosh!
    I would love to put XTR on it! But like you said it costs lots of chedder! Its an aluminum frame and I cant wait to get started!

mtbr member
    80mm SID fork, XT and a nice light weight wheelset from BWW, the sponsor of the Wheel and tire forum. Should be nice.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Yo Dan, a couple of examples of things I've found cheep that are good. A year ago I found a Rockshock Duke Race, 80mm fork an 04 model, on Ebay. I think that was the last year the Duke was made. It was a $450 when it was new, it had never been mounted. I paid $125 and it’s been a great fork, it’s on my hard tail. I’m not saying you should get that fork, I’m just talking about the kind of deals you can pick up if you look hard enough.

I also found a set of X9 shifters along with a XO derailleur on Craigslist they were a year old and in great condition, for $100. I told you about my Truvative crank, but I found a really good deal on an XT check this link.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=20679

I love my XT breaks here’s a link for a good deal on those.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/K...?ModelID=23437

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/K...?ModelID=23438

If you want any help you know where to find me. Are you going to do any races this season? I can help you get started if your Interested .

Cya
    Last edited by surfndav; 01-23-2009 at 05:01 AM.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

Dooosh!
    Thanks for the info Dave. Checked out that web site and they are definately cheaper than most. Have you ordered from there before? Looks like they are over seas.

I bought a new set of Avid Juicy 5 on Ebay for 100 bucks!!! Couldnt pass that deal up! Your right about ebay though, all sorts of goodies on there. This bike will for sure be my race bike so i will let you know when she is done and ready to roll!!! I have a feeling its not going to take me long to get this thing finished!!!!

Ridin bikes is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by BRA DOG
    Thanks for the info Dave. Checked out that web site and they are definately cheaper than most. Have you ordered from there before? Looks like they are over seas.

I bought a new set of Avid Juicy 5 on Ebay for 100 bucks!!! Couldnt pass that deal up! Your right about ebay though, all sorts of goodies on there. This bike will for sure be my race bike so i will let you know when she is done and ready to roll!!! I have a feeling its not going to take me long to get this thing finished!!!!

I have not ordered from them, but they advertise on this web site. I think you can look up reviews about them on the review section of this site.

Heres a link to the review, it shows one good one and one not so good. I would order from them without worry myself.

http://bikeshops.mtbr.com/cat/around...2_6241crx.aspx

have a good week end,

David
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Can you advise a headset for Zaskar frame?

mtbr member
    Any internal 1 1/8 headset like the Cane Creek IS

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thanks

Dooosh!
    This is what I got going on so far!

Marzocchi XC 600 ATA-2 100-140 mm
    Easton EA50 Stem
    Easton Monkeylite low rise bars
    Avid Juicy 5 brakes

I will get some pics posted later next week. Hopefully it all comes in the mail soon!!!