mtbr member
    Jun 2013

01 Aggressor Recall Question

First off, hello everyone. My name is Branden. I live in Hollywood, FL. I currently have a 01 Aggressor That I bought new. That may change depending on what comes of this thread though... So on to my question. Up until a couple days ago I was not aware of the recall on the fork. I called my local shop and they say GT no longer honors the recall, but I could swear I've seen people recently report they were able to get their new fork. So does anyone know for sure if they have stopped honoring this recall or not? If it's not covered what are my options as far as new forks go and how much would something like that run me? I'm trying to determine if it's worth changing or if I should just buy something new. Also, the dampers are completely shot so something is going to have to change. Thanks in advance. Branden

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wow, you're asking GT to honor a recall on a 12 year old fork. I, and this is my opinion, wouldn't even pursue it. The company that made that bike is no longer under the same management bro. You can get an 80mm travel fork on ebay for a decent price nowadays and it will only be a few years old. I haven't seen anything posted on someone getting a new fork out of GT for an older pre-bankruptcy bike. I have been able to get a warranty on a frame from 2001 but that was back in 2003 or 4. you can give it a shot but my guess would be that they won't. There are some fantastic forks out there right now. The last ebay fork I got was a Rock Shox SID, which was top of the line race fork, for about $100 or so. There are others that are less expensive and way way more expensive. Your local bike shop may have an older used fork collecting dust in the back. Look them up as well. Good luck Branden.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for posting this OP. I had no idea those Rockshox Judy forks had been recalled. I also ride a 2002 GT Aggressor 1.0 with the Judy C shock that thankfully hasn't had any issues.

I don't think you have to go to GT with the problem. Rather, the Consumer Product Safety Commission press release advises you go to the manufacturer--in this case RockShox--with your problem. Here is a link to the recall with information about how to contact them with one of the recalled forks: http://www.trekbikes.com/pdf/recalls...ork_recall.pdf

Also, here is a link to a site with specific information on the recalled forks so you can see if your is included in the recall:
    RockShox Inc. Announces Recall of Bicycle Forks - The Bike Rack St. Charles

Good luck--hopefully yours isn't on the recall list.
    Last edited by thecreeper23; 06-28-2013 at 12:55 PM.