mtbr member

Wilderness Trail, Lincoln NE?

Anyone been out there and know what it's like? Am heading up on Thursday to Lincoln and figured I'd check it out that morning. A YouTube shows it as fairly flat and pretty easy. It will be my first trail since my accident so hoping all goes well and ends up a whole lot cheaper.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Did you get a chance to ride it? My friends and i are from omaha and haven't riden any Lincoln trails. Closest we have gotten is Platte.

mtbr member
    Since it has rained I wasn't able to go ride the trail. Stupid rain and it was freezing in Lincoln today. However; I was able to go through the park via Old Cheney Road and it looks really great. Looked like there was a parking lot just north of Old Cheney. Wish I could go on Saturday when I get back up, but won't have the chance. It looks really promising and hope to get up there soon.

The only thing that worries me is that from reading you can ride in both directions. That would be scary coming down while someone else is riding up. Couple of posts I read said to have a bell to warn people as head on collisions happen.

I thought the trail organization for Lincoln had a map online of the park but now I can't find it.

It's worth checking out as there's supposed to be 10 miles of track.

mtbr member
    If you can find a real entrance, more power to you. Parked at Pioneers and 1st, said the bridge was out and go down Jamaica trail. That trail is nothing bit limestone that follows the outside of the park. We went down the trail a couple of miles and the bridge was out and followed another trail. That ended up turning into a "no bikes" trail and dumped you out on the Jamaica trail. Rode that some looking for another entrance and found the Old Cheney parking, but again, no bikes allowed. I know the bikes are on the opposite side of the creek but never found the right entrance.

The parts we were on were nice, fairly easy with some hills and ravines. Probably way too easy if you are used to technical trails. People we asked had no clue there was even a trail down there.

Will just head into Omaha from now on.