Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004

Waterloo/Cedar Falls Iowa

What has this area got in MTB trails? Fiance may be getting a great job opportunity out there and her salary will give us some flexibility to live right next to a trail system if need be. We want to live as close to downtown as possible.

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    I'm not from the area. But here are three trails I've enjoyed riding that are in that part of the state:

Camp Ingawanis is just outside Waverly. It's about a 30 minute drive north from Waterloo. Ingawanis Mountain Biking

Beverly Park is in Cedar Rapids. It's about a 60 minute drive south from Waterloo. Linn Area Mountain Bike Association. MTB around Linn County Iowa.

Sugar Bottom is just north of Iowa City. It's about a 90 minute drive south from Waterloo. ICORR

I found a list of other Cedar Valley area trails: Cedar Valley Association for Soft Trails

I hope this helps you. I'm in central Iowa and not too expert on the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    CVAST is a great group. Beverly park in Cedar Rapids is about 45 miles south. Sugar bottom is a nice 14ish miles just North of North liberty. LAMBA in CR is in the initial phases of funding for about 12 miles of trail just North of Cedar Rapids.

More trails shown on the map at MTBIowa.org and as we find more we will add them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Trails are are all pretty connected you could live near downtown CF and only be a few minutes from a bunch of Single track. Waterloo Downtown I'd avoid, But there's paved trails to get you to CF

mtbr member
    There's some good, flat singletrack in both George Wyth and Ullrich Park in CF. Decorah has be best trails in the state, and there's a good system of trails in Dubuque at FDR park.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    There are some nice ones down here in the quad cities.
    Sunderbruch is definitely worth the ride!