Who is John Galt?

Warrensburg, Knob Knoster trails

Anyone ride in any of these two cities? Understand there are trails in both places but never tried them. My son is at UCM, plan to visit in a couple of weeks and he wants to ride. Wondering which trail would be best and what they are like??
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I live in this area and ride knob all the time. I wasn't very impressed with warrensburg. short but pretty fast. thats club park in warrensburg. i rode cave hollow but there dosn't seem to be anyone that rides it anymore as it was all grown up and hard to ride. Opossum hallow at Knob is a very nice trail! Its extremly fun. Nothing techical, just a little of everything. Good hills, a few small rock sections! Its like 5 miles for the whole trail with a couple connectors to cut is short. I would deffinitly recommend it. The macadoo trail was set to open this summer (they said the same thing last summer) but has yet to do so. Its closed for renovations. If u don't mind driving, warsaw and blue springs have killer trails! Truman bike park in warsaw and Landalh in Blue Springs! both about an hour drive!let me know what u think of them after u go!

Jared

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhox View Post
    I live in this area and ride knob all the time.
    Giggity. haha.

I hear Landahl is pretty amazing but can and will kick your ass. Check out the info on Earthriders.com to see what it's about.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    In Warrensburg, there are 3 trails. Cave Hollow is the most challenging by far, but is horribly overgrown. Thorns, weeds, and downed limbs are evidence of neglect. There is less than 5 miles of trail that loops back on itself at several junctions. Pertle Springs is another overgrown option. In fact, some of the trail is difficult to find at times. Culp Park is well maintained by local boy scouts. It is less than 3 miles and without any technical challenge. There are 2 or 3 short climbs. It is a perfect place to take a beginner or crank out mindless laps after work. Possum Hollow Trail in Knob Noster State Park is far superior to the options in Warrensburg. There are 6-7 miles of trail without backtracking. It's as fast as your legs can take you with a few technical rock gardens and creek crossings. There are longer climbs (relative) and fast downhills. The trail is maintained by the park service and the local bike club. Part, if not all, of the decline of the Warrensburg trails has been the enthusiasm of the local bike club for building and maintaining Possum Hollow. If you're near, it's a fun time. I like to ride a "double" when I have time, that is, riding up the white connector to ride the red loop clockwise, then riding down the white connector to do the red loop counter-clockwise. It is as fun as Warsaw, although not nearly as rocky. None of the trails in our area touch Landahl. It is still king! See you on the trail.

Who is John Galt?
    THanks, I'll give Knob a try, hopefully it's dry, otherwise I'm sure I'll get another chance before he graduates in 6 or 7 years,LOL! I've done Warsaw and Landahl, both great trails.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Jhox has nailed it. I graduated from UCM in 2006 and the trails were in the same shape then. I began driving up to Landahl on a regular basis. Warsaw was not on my radar at the time.

Gravel road riding is stellar in the 'burg.

Stan