mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Visiting lawrence ks area this weekend and would like to know what trails are rideabl

I'm in missouri and we have been getting a lot of rain so our trails haven't been to rideable this week. I will be visiting family in Tonganoxie Ks (outiside lawrence off 24 hwy) for a few days and want to check out the trails in the are and wanted to know 1) if they are dry enough to ride 2) what all is in the area. I know of the lawrence river trail have never ridden it though and i know there are some in kc area but i have no clue where.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Even if we get the storms tonight, the Lawrence River Trail should be ride able for the weekend. Perry Lake and Clinton Lake will be iffy if it storms tonight. The rest toward Topeka and KC will depend on the weather tonight.
    d440
    StumpJumper
    Crosstrail
    Beast
    Tailwind

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slakjak View Post
    Even if we get the storms tonight, the Lawrence River Trail should be ride able for the weekend. Perry Lake and Clinton Lake will be iffy if it storms tonight. The rest toward Topeka and KC will depend on the weather tonight.
    Thanks for the reply I will probably only be able to check the river trail out but look forward to where is the trail head for that trai

mtbr member
    You will fall in love with LRT. If you are coming in from Tonganoxie on 24, turn south at the 59/40/24 junction in Lawrence. Go into town and at the last light before going over the Kansas River, turn east (left) on Locust. (Visitor Center sign there also). Head east on Locust until you get to 8th Street then turn south (right). Keep going south on 8th and you will cross over the dike down into the boat ramp/parking area. Trail entrance will be to your east. There will be lots of parked cars there on the weekend. Have fun.
    d440
    StumpJumper
    Crosstrail
    Beast
    Tailwind

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    hopefully it stay drier there then here the storm we got last night brought some pretty heavy rain. If any of you guys see a big ogre of a clyde on xl scott aspect 29er thats me

mtbr member
    The report from today is that the trail is perfect so enjoy. Wish I could join you but got to work and sleep all weekend.
    d440
    StumpJumper
    Crosstrail
    Beast
    Tailwind

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slakjak View Post
    You will fall in love with LRT. If you are coming in from Tonganoxie on 24, turn south at the 59/40/24 junction in Lawrence. Go into town and at the last light before going over the Kansas River, turn east (left) on Locust. (Visitor Center sign there also). Head east on Locust until you get to 8th Street then turn south (right). Keep going south on 8th and you will cross over the dike down into the boat ramp/parking area. Trail entrance will be to your east. There will be lots of parked cars there on the weekend. Have fun.
    Thanks for the directions I got a chance to check out the trails this morning and it was awesome. After riding the rocky rooty trails I have around springfield these where like riding on glass. Trails were very fast with good flow. I'm use to feeling battered after 9 miles it was a nice feeling to be able to hammer it through trails as hard as I did and not regret it after. Although the deep sand by the rivers edge was a bit of a pain but that made it more fun. Will have to ride it again when I come back

mtbr member
    Yep, that's a common feeling everyone gets when they ride that trail. It is a good trail to get your mojo back.

You can skip the sand part if you want to by taking the raceway (I think that is what they call it). Next time you are out there, ask one of the other riders about it. They will probably be glad to ride around with you once, twice, etc.
    d440
    StumpJumper
    Crosstrail
    Beast
    Tailwind