mtbr member
    Nov 2012

visiting KC this weekend

Hey, I am visiting KC this weekend and was looking to ride some trails. I am looking for 15-25 mile ride ideally with lots of fast flowy singletrack, but I'll settle for anything. I am willing to drive an hour or so out of KC if need be...If anyone wants to be my guide that would be cool or just some trails recs w/ possible GPX/TCX links...thanks..

mtbr member
    ERTA - Earn Your Dirt!

^^Is a pretty good place to start.^^
    Not sure where you're from, but for a Midwestern Metro area, KC has a pretty good trail system.

I can't think of any trail that is all flowy singletrack, but most of them have a pretty good mix of terrains.

Swope Park--Smack dab in the middle of the city. Rancho Delux is good for the more reserved rider, Woodchuck will make you show your skills. Some say don't go by yourself, I do, and don't have any troubles.

Landahl--I don't personally know this one, but most in the metro will rate this as the best! Eastside of the city.

Blue River Pkwy (BuRP) is great. Lots of trails and can be confusing, but people love this place! Get a map.

Ones not in the above link--

Wyandotte County Lake (The Kansas side "Kansas City") is probably the closest to what you're looking for. Fairly long system with not much technical stuff, but with lots of climbing! Flows great! One of my favorites.

Lawrence River Trails-- Flowy, flat, and fast. 30 minute drive from the west side of the Metro.
    Clinton Lake--other side of Lawrence from LRT. Opposite from LRT, but a great trail!!

Hope this helps!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    thanks