Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1366
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Anyone riding this evening? This weather has me considering turkey instead of the wed road ride.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

I'll be there 530

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Making plans to come up for a weekend with the wife. We have never been,

Looking for advice on where to start?

Thanks

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Pro View Post
    Making plans to come up for a weekend with the wife. We have never been,

Looking for advice on where to start?

Thanks
    What kinda riding r you doing

mtbr member
    So any newer riders interested in touring Turkey in 2ish weeks?
    hopefully should be off the injury by that time to be able to easy spin some Turkey and show people the spiderweb of trails

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

I just skimmed overthe article but it said west of 75 on 61 st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

The word is August 30 imba is going to be at turkey so this could possible help keep the strip center away from turkey if they recognize turkey as an important mt bike trail. IMBA is not what they once were but anything to help keep turkey mountain protected helps. I don't think a lot of people know how lucky Tulsa is to have trails in town

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Just watched the video what ever I can do to help get the word out and try and "woo" them into picking the land in east Tulsa to build I m in. Not that I have any pull in city hall or anything. Like Tulsa needs an outlet mall anyway

mtbr member
    Beeline Properties is the lot we are looking at.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I find myself in the "not sure what to say/do" position, given my lack of knowledge of the project specifics. If I compare shamrok's map with a turkey mountain map, it looks like only a small portion of the pink trails will suffer. While I'm against any encroachment and negative effect on the "nature area," I hate to feel like I'm making a federal case out of the loss of one small trail section. There will, obviously, be ramifications to the wildlife, but its been way too long since I had a science class for me to make any intelligent ecological argument.

If I'm wrong and most of the pink trails will be affected, then that will be a much bigger problem. I stopped riding most of the yellow trails years ago due to congestion. If the pink side is gone, we could see a loss of activity on yellow side due to people not wanting to mess with the congestion and, eventually, a general apathy towards maintaining any of the area. Maybe there's an opportunity to develop more trails south and east of the parking lot (without disturbing the pump track), in such case.

I'm rambling a bit, but the point is, hopefully we'll start to get more information and, if necessary, organize a more concerted effort to maintain as much of the current trails as we can.

boomer

better pic

It's much more than just the pink trail; the highway 75 climb and the surrounding trails will all be gone. Sadly its a lot of the fun stuff and also the trails that the hikers don't get over to much. Its where I head to get away from the congestion. Tulsa-ok Area Riders-photo.jpg
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

There are great trails back there! And there is no need for an outlet mall that big in Tulsa the reason why okc's outlet mall is half the size as the proposed in Tulsa is because it can't support it. I'm just a small time hvac guy so my two cents don't really matter but another shopping area, come on that's all Tulsa is shopping and dining. Let get more projects that get the community together like Guthrie green and this river parks project. I'm really against big business and seeing it come down on my home town trails gets me pretty rialed up. I know rant rant....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Aren't we actually getting two outlet malls? One in east Tulsa and then the one on 75?

Very disconcerting about the extent shown in Calvin's map. Really sucks.

Semi-unrelated and absolutely not throwing in the towel, but ... How is Keystone and Osage Hills? I've been spoiled by Turkey and have ridden there pretty much exclusively for the last three years. Been meaning to branch out. May have to find someone familiar with those other areas and beg for a tour.

boomer
    My understanding on the 2 malls is that whichever can get their sites suitably filled and break ground first will win the battle. C'mon east side guys!!!
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin View Post
    My understanding on the 2 malls is that whichever can get their sites suitably filled and break ground first will win the battle. C'mon east side guys!!!
    Yes! East side lets make some moves!!

mtbr member
    The east venue actually would provide better access. 412 construction has improved that region + 169 access in close proximity vs the amount of money the city would have to vest into infrastructure improvement at the turkey site. Two lane roads that'd encroach on other's property would have to be built, the 61st street would have to be replaced. In the end the city dump millions into roads that would be well north of what the price of the plot costs.

boomer

Turkey Mtn. Petition

Please sign & keep fingers crossed!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/kee...ountain-green/

Tulsa-ok Area Riders-image.jpg
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The info posted yesterday on turkeymtn.com is very disconcerting. Total trail length will go from 45 miles down to 15 miles? Goodbye to the Lipbuster so we can expand the road to accommodate commercial traffic?

Anyone know what the YMCA's position on any of this is? Westside Y is right there. I used to go to that summer camp as a kid.

A week or so ago, I was riding and came across some deer. I snapped a pic with my phone because I knew my kids would like to see it.
    Tulsa-ok Area Riders-turkey2.jpg

looks like a great place for a nike outlet store, huh?

mtbr member
    Petition signed. Thanks for the efforts. I've ridden Turkey Mountain twice while visiting family in Tulsa.

Less outlet malls and more green space and trails. What's not to get?
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Signed the petition

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

So who owns the land that most of the trails are on?

mtbr member
    word is Kaiser is part of group that holds some of the other plots of land that are not RP and that other portions that are held by trustees that are to keep the land a greenspace.

FYI
    Town Hall Meeting tonight
    6pm Monday 8/25
    Zarrow Library
    2224 W 51st St, Tulsa, OK 74107

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I don't know about the other landowners.
    With the city's press release disclaiming a substantial portion of the area as not technically "Turkey Mountain," the floodgates have effectively been opened for more commercial development.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Yes town hall meeting tonight please come I'll post that again and email your buddies. 6pm at zarrow library

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast